Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-10-2008, 05:41 AM   #1

Pentax Wish List

Pentax ergonomics are way ahead of Canon and Nikon, but there is still room for improvement. I would like the option to not only shoot all exposure bracketed shots with one shutter release, but also to leave the mirror up between shots for a faster AEB sequence. This is important for hand held HDR. It could also be added with a firmware fix (hint to Pentax). The option for a 7 or 9 shot AEB would also be useful.

I would also love it if Pentax added a 'depth' focusing mode. This something the early Canon EOS had, but seem to have lost in the newer versions. You focus on the furthest point you want in focus, then the nearest point in focus and the camera works out the focus point and aperture. Very, very nice. The current Canon just tries to get all the focus points in focus, which is lame by comparison.

A hyperfocal focusing mode would also be useful, especially with an indication of what the nearest point in focus is.

If we are looking to the future, having a live histogram below the viewfinder read out would be nice, as would a much higher resolution LCD that flips out.

Many of these could be implemented with a firmware change to the K20D. In fact, the single biggest change that I would like is for Pentax to release open source firmware and let the community define and improve the camera.

12-10-2008, 06:05 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I would like:

1. The open-aperture metering lens mount from the Spotmatic F / ES / ESII era.
2. Split-prism screen standard equipment
3. Removal of the AF system in favor of a brighter mirror

And while you're at it, Santa Claus, I'm still waiting for that pony I asked you for 35 years ago.
12-10-2008, 06:53 AM   #3
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I would like:
1. Live view and optical preview to be available at the same time so I could quickly pick the one I need. Now the same shutter button collar selects one. The Menu sets which is default. They could turn the useless to me raw button into liveview (fine if thats a custom function thats set once and left).

2. Make it so the camera can be set to time exposure without the dark frame subtraction. The camera is severly crippled for astronomy, fireworks, and lowlight shots.

3. Add multiple exposure mode like Nikon D40. Never thought this featureless camera would have anything I would ask for! It allows you to take any shot on card and combine it with another (like the film LX)! So useful. Don't mess up the multiple exposure mode we already have - especially the ev adjust part. Its great for lowering noise in a image with 9 exposures.

4. A improved live view. Ours is pretty pale vs some others.

thanks
barondla

Check out POINT & SHOOT CONTEST #13 WINNERS in P&S forum. Enter #14!
12-10-2008, 07:02 AM   #4

Setting the bracket exposures to 3 or 5 shots, then using the delay timer to set them off.
Also I would love a digital version of the Pentax MX. Arrgh I can but dream....

12-10-2008, 02:55 PM   #5
axl
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I would love DA28 f2 or f1.7 (ok 1.8 or 1.9 would do too).
yes, forget the weathersealing etc... good, solid not too big, not too heavy, but not plasticky, fast-ish, and AFFORDABLE, normal-ish prime...

Last edited by axl; 12-10-2008 at 04:07 PM.
12-10-2008, 03:29 PM   #6

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by dangie Quote
Setting the bracket exposures to 3 or 5 shots, then using the delay timer to set them off.
Also I would love a digital version of the Pentax MX. Arrgh I can but dream....
The K20D will allow you to set bracketing and timed delay, though the delay occurs before each exposure, which is a pain (leave the mirror up and shoot each one). My K100D has bracketing and delay as options.