Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-10-2008, 10:32 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
New DXO Mark for K200d

Has anyone seen this: DXO Mark. The K200d edged out the K20d in a few things as well the K10d over the newer cameras. Kinda-of interesting.

-Brian

12-10-2008, 05:48 PM   #2
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by the_int21h Quote
Has anyone seen this: DXO Mark. The K200d edged out the K20d in a few things as well the K10d over the newer cameras. Kinda-of interesting.
Not really surprising that the K10D and K200D are so similar - they are the same camera in many respects. Same sensor etc. However, I believe the PRIME processor was updated between them.

Thats probably given it a slight edge in some parameters over its sibling. However, I also think that niggling over 0.1 or 0.2 difference is overkill. In my opinion numbers of that magnitude (ie 1% or lower of the maximum) are splitting hairs.
12-10-2008, 05:58 PM   #3
Inactive Account

Just wondering is the higher mark for the k10d and k200d compared to the k20d due to the K10D and K200D having CCD sensors and the K20D having a CMOS snesor?
12-11-2008, 10:14 AM   #4
Veteran Member

The higher mark is due to the fact tha DXO is all over the place. You can compare one cameras strengths against others in its class, but i believe the consistency is poor across the whole range, especially when it comes to less important reviews such as pentax..

i wouldnt trust this

12-11-2008, 10:37 AM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by MoiVous Quote
Not really surprising that the K10D and K200D are so similar - they are the same camera in many respects. Same sensor etc. However, I believe the PRIME processor was updated between them.

Thats probably given it a slight edge in some parameters over its sibling. However, I also think that niggling over 0.1 or 0.2 difference is overkill. In my opinion numbers of that magnitude (ie 1% or lower of the maximum) are splitting hairs.
Too true. We obsess over tiny differences. Even the differences between the best scores and the worst are not realy significant.