Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 24 Likes Search this Thread
02-10-2022, 08:51 PM   #61
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The prices for the KP have actually gone up since it became a discontinued model. I've never seen anything like it! Upon reflection, I can understand why- its unique and very useful qualities, which have also been discontinued along with it. The new model no longer has a tilt-out rear screen, no built-in flash, and there is no longer a compact model having a build of pro-level quality. With its compactness, it can compete very successfully against APS-C high-end mirrorless models with its superior controls and features. It also has in-body shake eduction instead of in each individual lens, and can therefore offer SR and excellent usability, compatible with old still-excellent lenses designed for film use. At the same time, with its modular design it can become an expanded handful, more so when the dedicated battery grip is added, for better handling with large lenses and for prolonged shooting without pausing for battery changes. There is really nothing quite like it, not to mention its excellent performance, even for great imaging right out of the camera.

02-10-2022, 09:18 PM   #62
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by mikesbike Quote
The prices for the KP have actually gone up since it became a discontinued model. I've never seen anything like it! Upon reflection, I can understand why- its unique and very useful qualities, which have also been discontinued along with it.

That's what I'm seeing, too, which is what led me to say:

QuoteOriginally posted by wadge22 Quote
I think KP is a bit more 'overpriced' than the other two.Not to say it's not a great camera or that it's not a good buy, by all accounts it absolutely is. But the KP is both discontinued (without replacement) and unique (among Pentax bodies), and I see them fetching somewhat of a premium because of these two factors combined.