Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-12-2008, 05:39 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by arbutusq Quote
I also agree with the above posters that say you are always better spending money on glass as opposed to bodies.
I've said it several times before, but I believe it bears repeating:

I used to think that lenses were things we hang on the front of our cameras. Now I realize that cameras are things we hang on the back of our lenses.

12-12-2008, 06:55 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I haven't used a K-m, but own both a K100D and a K20D.

The speed in autofocus and general shooting alone was worth the upgrade for me. As for the red dots--that just tells you which point the camera's using to focus. It's the green hexagon that confirms you're in focus. (sorry if you knew that--took me a while before I stopped shooting as soon as the dot popped up!)

And just thinking of shooting bands -- they might be loud, so it might not matter, but the shutter on the K100D is wicked loud compared to the K20. Maybe they've improved this on the K-m as well. The K-m also has a Stage lighting setting, which might be cool if you need to get set up quickly.

As for the auto sensitivity--when AUTO is selected, you should be able to turn the e-dial to set the upper limit.