Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-11-2008, 07:15 AM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
just because your friend jumps off a cliff does not mean you have to.

I just don't see the point unless pentax / Hoya plan to go head to head with the canon and nikon shooters and take the real pro end away from them. Note that the pro end does not pay the bills, the consumer end does.

Nikon is not in much better financial shape than pentax. They are an optics only company without any other business lines to pay the bills.

Canon has tons of other businesses to pay the bills and can use cameras for prestige, and name. Sony could but they seem to fail at it. Samsung might have a big enough product base to do so also, but for a pure camera company, it is difficult.

I would love to see pentax release and support the range of lenses they made for the A series, in Autofocus, regradless of full frame or not. But i am also a realist, I don't expect it.

12-11-2008, 08:14 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Nothing!

QuoteOriginally posted by fast_boat Quote
FF will definitely have bigger and bigger market in the future.
Does Pentax have technical difficulty to develop FF? I thought FF just have the big sensor compared to AFS. Is that right?
1. No Money

2. No Market (they do not have the confidence)

3. No R&D Resources

4. No Production Capability

5. No Sensor

6. No Full Frame Lens System! (Now)

7. No Braveness (they just cannot bear the risk)

.. and so on!
12-11-2008, 07:38 PM   #18
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by denisv Quote
Where exactly does this cost come from? Don't they just make a sensor twice as big as APS-C and that's it?
hahahahaha. I don't know either but I at least know it's nowhere near that simple...
12-11-2008, 08:46 PM   #19
Inactive Account

Not this shit again.