Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-11-2022, 05:29 PM - 6 Likes   #91
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by biz-engineer Quote
Well, it's better to sell at 50% of list price than sell lenses for 10% of the price because there is no new Pentax camera worth buying lenses for it. To keep lens prices up, it is even more important that Ricoh keep releasing cameras that are competitive, because if they don't the market for K mount lenses will drop very low. Of course, I can always be convinced to keep all my Pentax gear by folks who didn't buy new Pentax gear for the last 10 years (and even sold some of it), but it's unlikely to happen. Keeping or selling is a bet, if Ricoh manage to release another full frame camera before they go bust, then keeping the Pentax lenses bet will pay off. Now if Ricoh aren't able to make another FF camera , selling now is better financial move.
QuoteOriginally posted by biz-engineer Quote
That's right. That's why it is difficult to make any decision. Imagine Nikon would release a Z8 with 60Mpixel, I'll switch immediately to Nikon, but currently Z7II is only 45Mp unfortunately. You're going to say "you can get an A7RIV", yes but I totally dislike Sony UI and body designs (too small, too cheap).

---------- Post added 11-02-22 at 18:25 ----------

There is no indication that Ricoh are developping new full frame lenses. Last rumors I read here was that both the 70-300 SR lens project was put on hold, and the Pentax full frame project was also put on hold. And Ricoh recent press release indicate that they'll stop mass production of cameras, I don't see it as positive news.
QuoteOriginally posted by redrockcoulee Quote
You are sounding extremely pesstimistic. ........................
Sounds like for your mental comfort you should swap systems. And soon.
On the contrary. biz-engineer has made it quite clear that he is anti- Ricoh/Pentax so I think, from his perspective, he is optimistic. Optimistic that Pentax will fail and his disdain for Pentax will be validated.

BTW..................

closed

Last edited by Parallax; 02-11-2022 at 05:45 PM.
Closed Thread