Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-04-2022, 02:23 PM   #16
Forum Member

I contacted Ricoh, and this was their response to me:

Thank you, for contacting Ricoh Imaging.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your past, present and future support.

They are not discontinued just back ordered. No ETA currently but hopefully very soon.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

02-04-2022, 02:37 PM   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Stores often set items temporarily as discontinued if they do not have it on stock, and they can not get a confirmed delivery date from the supplier.
They do not want the hassle of taking orders from customers if they do not know if they can deliver the item or not.
02-04-2022, 04:22 PM   #18
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by gatorguy Quote
Gosh, I'm selling one of my K-70's and threw in 3 batteries. Maybe it should have been just one
Dang, they're expensive now.
Yes they are expensive now. 2 years ago they were $12!

---------- Post added 02-04-22 at 18:24 ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by ramseybuckeye Quote
B&H regularly lists out of stock items as discontinued.
That seems misleading, but I guess it’s easier for them than to take back orders from customers.
02-04-2022, 04:56 PM   #19
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ramseybuckeye Quote
B&H regularly lists out of stock items as discontinued.
This ^ ^ ^

...when they are not able to get stock from the distributor.

Steve

02-04-2022, 08:56 PM   #20
Veteran Member

The best thing I ever bought for my K30 is an AA adapter. It's much easier using commodity rechargeable AA cells.
02-05-2022, 06:03 AM   #21
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by E-man Quote
The best thing I ever bought for my K30 is an AA adapter. It's much easier using commodity rechargeable AA cells.
Yes I wish that was available for the KS2 as it was for the K50!
02-05-2022, 10:43 AM   #22
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Does anyone have experience with Kastar? They have a 3 pack for a few dollars less than the Wasabi, and they are rated at 2100mAh versus 1400mAh for the Wasabi. The extra capacity would be nice.

02-07-2022, 08:53 AM   #23
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
A month or two ago I asked to be notified when B&H had the Pentax batteries in stock and received an update email saying they were discontinued. I figure they have no idea when they will get more stock. I ended up ordering a couple of generic batteries from Amazon (DSTE brand) a couple of days ago. So far the pair accepted a charge (I’ve had generic batteries that do not) and don’t immediately say they are out of power. I’ll spend some time playing around with one today to see if they will hold a charge reasonably well.

These are replacing two Wasabi batteries that would no longer hold a charge. My original Pentax battery is from a K-S1 (probably over 7 years old) and still holds a charge well. My experience with non-Pentax batteries have been hit-or-miss, some working well and others not so well.
02-07-2022, 08:59 AM - 1 Like   #24
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by mtngal Quote
A month or two ago I asked to be notified when B&H had the Pentax batteries in stock and received an update email saying they were discontinued. I figure they have no idea when they will get more stock. I ended up ordering a couple of generic batteries from Amazon (DSTE brand) a couple of days ago. So far the pair accepted a charge (I’ve had generic batteries that do not) and don’t immediately say they are out of power. I’ll spend some time playing around with one today to see if they will hold a charge reasonably well.

These are replacing two Wasabi batteries that would no longer hold a charge. My original Pentax battery is from a K-S1 (probably over 7 years old) and still holds a charge well. My experience with non-Pentax batteries have been hit-or-miss, some working well and others not so well.
I have a few of those DSTE's and they've been fine.
02-08-2022, 06:35 AM   #25
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by clickclick Quote
Does anyone have experience with Kastar? They have a 3 pack for a few dollars less than the Wasabi, and they are rated at 2100mAh versus 1400mAh for the Wasabi. The extra capacity would be nice.
I have a few of their batteries for my Q and GR. The capacity feels like it's half of original at best. Then again I never had any luck with Wasabi either, despite so many people swear by them.

I have a couple DSTE for my KP. Again, they just don't last as long. And in cold weather, they died really really fast. The D-LI109 already isn't as good as D-Li90 in cold weather but in my last trip it lasted a good half hour vs the DSTE died after about 10 shots. So I think I'm done buying third party batteries. If I am having to carry 2x as many batteries as original then it's not saving me any space.
02-08-2022, 07:18 AM   #26
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by que es tu Quote
Yes they are expensive now. 2 years ago they were $12!

---------- Post added 02-04-22 at 18:24 ----------

That seems misleading, but I guess it’s easier for them than to take back orders from customers.
Back orders must not be very inconvenient.

Several year ago I ordered a special K-to-Q adaptor by Metabones from B&H.
Apparently pre-orders were not up to Metabones’s standards, because they
don’t seem to have ever produced them, so every month I receive an email
from B&H saying that they regret they can’t fulfill the order, so I asked them
if I should cancel the order and save them the bother of sending out that email,
and they said “No”.
02-08-2022, 07:28 AM   #27
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by clickclick Quote
I have a “Kastar” battery for my KP that I use interchangeably {I don’t bother to keep track of which is which} with my Pentax batteries.
I am a ‘low volume’ user, so I recharge batteries once a week regardless of whether they need it, so I can’t attest to how long a charge lasts,
but I can say that it has never given me any trouble - and they are very inexpensive!!
02-09-2022, 01:27 PM   #28
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Thanks @ruggiex and @reh321 for your feedback!
02-10-2022, 09:46 PM - 1 Like   #29
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by mtngal Quote
generic batteries from Amazon (DSTE brand) a couple of days ago.
QuoteOriginally posted by gatorguy Quote
I have a few of those DSTE's and they've been fine.
I use D-LI90s and had a couple of DSTEs in rotation, but they lasted less than a year before capacity started to drop and were replaced by Watsons from B&H about a year ago. So far, so good...

Steve
03-01-2022, 07:15 AM   #30
Forum Member

Pentax D-LI109 batteries are back in stock at Adorama and B&H.

Last edited by 740K70; 03-01-2022 at 02:33 PM.