Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
02-05-2022, 09:41 AM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Mbaez Quote
I tried both (Nikon and Pentax) and neither fit my Pentax.
Ok I will try the JJC dust proof ones or the bubble level ones. Most likely the JJC.

02-05-2022, 10:21 AM - 1 Like   #17
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Lord Lucan Quote
I'd never heard of a microswitch in the camera hot shoe. What does it do?

You'll find it on the models that have the auto-pop-up feature for the integral flash viz: K200D and *istDL2 have one … the KP doesn't have it, neither does the K-5 or the K70 ...haven't checked all my bodies
If there's an external gun in the hot shoe, it'll activate the microswitch, so's the camera knows not to pop the integral flash up.
Another little-documented feature that you'll have only come across if a) you've got an appropriate camera and b) you've been in a circumstance where you'll have expected the integral flash to activate and it hasn't, as might happen if you've got a generic cover fitted in the hot-shoe
02-05-2022, 01:44 PM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by que es tu Quote
So if hot shoe size is standard can’t I just get a cover for Canon or Nikon and it should fit?

I like the bubble levels. Any trouble with delivery from China?
Not to the Netherlands anyway

The bubble ones are also kind of hard rubber like, fit like a glove and also has some moisture protection.
And when you loose them well, you got 3 spares
02-05-2022, 03:05 PM   #19
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Sakura Quote
Not to the Netherlands anyway

The bubble ones are also kind of hard rubber like, fit like a glove and also has some moisture protection.
And when you loose them well, you got 3 spares
Ha! Ha! WHEN I lose them! Yes it would be good to have spares!!