Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-15-2008, 01:10 PM   #31
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hrm.. I hope there wasn't any confusion about *my* kit lens. (My kit's scheduled to arrive tomorrow. *glee.* ) I tried to plan ahead by ordering that 50 ahead of time, but I still have to wait till that exchange goes through. I'd rather not be sitting here pointing camera and body cap at things after getting all keyed up to start shooting.

Never had a problem with people taking their own holidays off, myself, what could be wrong with *that?*

(FYI: Here we are. Kit lens came, indeed. )

Last edited by Ratmagiclady; 12-16-2008 at 01:22 PM.
12-15-2008, 01:10 PM   #32

Photos: Albums
I didn't see Adorama listed as an Authorized Dealer on Pentax's website?? I would have purchased from them if I had. I was looking for the 2 year extended warranty. Ultimately, I ended up with a K20, bag, 4gb SD card and the extended warranty for $729...still a heck of a deal...
12-15-2008, 01:14 PM   #33

Photos: Gallery
Just FYI everyone, Amazon no longer offers their "Price Guarantee." I wrote about a $20 price drop on an item I just purchased a week prior and they informed me that they will no longer extend discounts on completed orders as done in the past.
12-15-2008, 01:29 PM   #34
Adorama Camera Representative

QuoteOriginally posted by edl Quote
Oops! Well Adorama is better because you're part of our forum!

Thank you for making me feel so welcome - I hope I'm able to help whenever I'm needed.

Helen Oster
Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador
helen.oster@adoramacamera.com

12-15-2008, 02:09 PM   #35

QuoteOriginally posted by Scottie137 Quote
I didn't see Adorama listed as an Authorized Dealer on Pentax's website?? I would have purchased from them if I had. I was looking for the 2 year extended warranty. Ultimately, I ended up with a K20, bag, 4gb SD card and the extended warranty for $729...still a heck of a deal...
If you go here: Store Locator - Official PENTAX Imaging Web Site
and enter in 10011 for zip code, Adorama is 6th down on the list.

I found topchoicedigital.com had the K20d kit for $690, but could not find out anything about them,
and couldn't find them on the Pentax site, so I figured it wasn't worth the risk for $10.

Tony
12-15-2008, 02:15 PM   #36
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by MacGirl Quote
Just FYI everyone, Amazon no longer offers their "Price Guarantee."
Good to know. In that case, not much reason to buy from them then. B&H and Adorama have good policies on returning items w/ manufacturing defects (they refund the shipping and send you prepaid mailing labels for the return).
12-15-2008, 02:52 PM   #37

QuoteOriginally posted by Sharkonwheels Quote
If you go here: Store Locator - Official PENTAX Imaging Web Site
and enter in 10011 for zip code, Adorama is 6th down on the list.

I found topchoicedigital.com had the K20d kit for $690, but could not find out anything about them,
and couldn't find them on the Pentax site, so I figured it wasn't worth the risk for $10.

Tony
Ah, I was looking in Online sellers. Thanks for the heads up!
12-15-2008, 03:05 PM   #38

QuoteOriginally posted by Scottie137 Quote
Ah, I was looking in Online sellers. Thanks for the heads up!
If you CALL and order, as I did, at least that method, the order info has the store address on it. This is the same address pentaximaging.com shows on the where-to-buy page.

To put mode minds at ease, I just called Pentax CS @ (800) 877-0155, and they said they ARE an authorized dealer, the girl mentioned they were a reputable dealer, and that the free 2-year extension on the warranty IS VALID through Adorama. She said the card for the free extension should come with the camera, and if not, to call in and they will send one after showing proof or purchase during the slated period (October through December 31).

Tony

Last edited by Sharkonwheels; 12-15-2008 at 03:12 PM.
12-16-2008, 07:44 AM   #39
B&H Photo Representative

QuoteOriginally posted by Sharkonwheels Quote
I found topchoicedigital.com had the K20d kit for $690, but could not find out anything about them
There's interesting stuff about them here.
12-16-2008, 08:51 AM   #40
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jsherman999 Quote
Both B&H and Adorama are the class of the field! (that make you feel better, Henry? )

I've ordered from both, everything was perfect soup to nuts.

Ditto. And that goes way back to my days with MX bodies and M lenses.
12-16-2008, 03:57 PM   #41
Veteran Member

Guess Helen was trying to warn us...this deal is now dead :-)
12-16-2008, 06:15 PM   #42

QuoteOriginally posted by henryp Quote
There's interesting stuff about them here.
Wow...did you see their lousy rating?
Guess my instinct worked this time... 6 month rating was 1.55 out of 10 !!!
Lifetime is 5.63 out of 10...

Adorama here is 9.13 out of 10 6 months, and 8.29 out of 10 lifetime.

In the interest of fairness, B&H is here and trumps them all:
9.67 out of 10 past 6 months, 9.48 out of 10 lifetime.

Way to go, both of you!

Tony
12-16-2008, 07:52 PM   #43
Veteran Member

A lot of those "stores" such as Top Choice Digital are nothing but trouble. Many of them are the same store with 4-5 different online names (a website tracked a bunch of them and listed their physical locations, even included pictures of their ragged store fronts).

There's been plenty of horror stories about these clowns who offer great prices, then try to upsell accessories at ridiculous prices, and even go so far as to charge you for items Pentax includes in the box. If you fight them on their upsell, it's likely you will be told the item is out of stock, possibly get yelled at and insulted.

There are too many legit, reputable outfits out there like B&H and Adorama, who know providing quality and service are the key to return business. And I doubt we would ever see someone from Top Choice Digital show their face in this forum, so kudos to Helen and Henry for letting us know they care.

I still would like a good price on a K20 body only though... Baby food isn't leaving me much spare cash this year
12-16-2008, 08:02 PM   #44

Ritz / Cameraworld / Wolf / Whatever (I found 2-3 other sites IDENTICAL to Ritz/Wolf) has the same thing going, and lousy ratings...

When I was looking for the K20D, I ran across like 3-4 sites ON THE SAME PRICE COMPARISON, that were all Ritz!

Talk about stacking the deck....

No matter what you do, how you do it, or who you drag in, cream floats (B&H / Adorama / The Like) and crap sinks.
Thank goodness for the review sites, forums, and rating sites - otherwise it could be a free-for-all, and we'd
have no way of arming ourselves with knowledge.

Tony
12-16-2008, 08:06 PM   #45
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by kenyee Quote
I'm glad both Helen and Henry take the time to monitor forums and be ambassadors when things go wrong; thanks for to both of them for doing this and for their bosses to have the foresight to do this.
Absolutely. Worth its weight in gold. I order from both stores.