Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-14-2008, 06:50 PM   #16
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
I purchased my K20D with this deal. I will be selling the bag and optio A40 though.

Buy the Pentax K20D, Get a Free Optio A40 Digital Camera plus Free Crossover Bag $794 with 18-55 or $742 Body Only

Amazon.com: Free Optio A40 and Crossover Bag with the Pentax K20D Digital SLR

12-14-2008, 07:24 PM   #17

I ordered the body only + bag, SD card, extra battery on a Sunday morning through Adorama for $729, on Monday I got the link from them in an email for $699.00. I called them and explained my order and they sent me the kit lense the next day. So I got the lens & body and extra goodies for $729.00 total.

I am very pleased with Adorama and their customer service.
12-14-2008, 09:11 PM   #18

good price! Is adorama an authorized pentax dealer?
12-15-2008, 01:37 AM   #19

New member here... first post....first SLR camera

I also ran into Adorama's price on Saturday night/early Sunday morning. Debated buying...
Woke up, price was back to $780 for the kit.
Called an begged, and Meyer sold me the K20D kit at the $699 price.

For $744 I got:
K20D
18-55 DA II kit lens
Adorama 3rd party second battery
42mm screw lens adapter
shipping

All in all, I think it's a heck of a deal - this is my first SLR, so i hope I made a good decision.
It should arrive Thursday/Friday or so. I'm finally replacing an 8 year old Canon S110 Elph.
I guess it's an understatement to say the pictures will improve

Also, Pentax is extending K20D warranties to 3 years, instead of 1, for purchases through 12/31/2008

And the service there was excellent - at first, he forgot the lens, and 30 minutes after they had closed on Sunday, I got an email back with the updated order INCLUDING the 18-55 DA II lens.

Can't beat that...

fast_boat: I looked them on pentaximaging.com before I called to order, and they did indeed show up as an authorized retailer.

Tony

12-15-2008, 01:42 AM   #20
Adorama Camera Representative

QuoteOriginally posted by allill Quote
Helen,

Is there a special link to a better price on the k20D body only?
Not that I'm aware of. I can check it out, though, & let you know if I find there is

Helen Oster
Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador
helen.oster@adoramacamera.com
12-15-2008, 01:44 AM   #21

QuoteOriginally posted by pentaxmz Quote
I've done a lot of business with Adorama over the past seven years and I've always been very pleased with their service. Highly recommended company!
Thanks for the great feedback! It's very much appreciated

Best wishes

Helen Oster
12-15-2008, 01:44 AM   #22
edl
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by fast_boat Quote
good price! Is adorama an authorized pentax dealer?
Adorama is an authorized dealer. They're better than B&H in my opinion...because they don't close on Jewish holidays!

12-15-2008, 01:52 AM   #23

QuoteOriginally posted by edl Quote
Adorama is an authorized dealer. They're better than B&H in my opinion...because they don't close on Jewish holidays!
I'm afraid that we do close on Jewish holidays; the difference is that you can place an on-line order on our website, as our servers are configured differently. However, an order placed on a Jewish holiday or the Sabbath (Saturday) still wouldn't be processed until after the offices re-opened.

Nevertheless, there are loads of other reasons why Adorama Camera is a great place to shop!

Best wishes

Helen Oster
12-15-2008, 08:14 AM   #24

I grabbed the $699.00 K20D from Adorama. Great deal. Thanks!
12-15-2008, 09:38 AM   #25
edl
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Helen Oster Quote
I'm afraid that we do close on Jewish holidays; the difference is that you can place an on-line order on our website, as our servers are configured differently. However, an order placed on a Jewish holiday or the Sabbath (Saturday) still wouldn't be processed until after the offices re-opened.

Nevertheless, there are loads of other reasons why Adorama Camera is a great place to shop!

Best wishes

Helen Oster
Oops! Well Adorama is better because you're part of our forum!
12-15-2008, 09:54 AM   #26

I just wanted to add my experience with Adorama to the list. I tried to order the K20D 699.00 special Sunday night. When I hit confirm to place the order I got a "this page can't be displayed" message. I had no idea if the order went through or not. I called Adorama Monday morning and the helpful customer service person checked and the order had not gone through. I told her that I would try to place the order again. She suggested I just do it over the phone and she forwarded me to a sales rep. I told him what I was doing and he placed the order. He gave me the 699.00 deal without even asking. Tracking info was sent to me the same day and camera is due on Wednesday. Outstanding service. I will buy from them from now on! A lot of internet merchants have terrible customer service over the phone. Not Adorama.
12-15-2008, 10:11 AM   #27
B&H Photo Representative

They're better than B&H in my opinion...because they don't close on Jewish holidays!
Ouch! That smarts. :-)
Oops! Well Adorama is better because you're part of our forum!
That does too. :-)
12-15-2008, 10:29 AM   #28

Thats a pretty amazing deal alright. I'd have buyers remorse over the K20D kit I picked up from Cameta on EBay with the paypal cash back for $780...

...except the shipping to an APO address from adorama to APO is absolutely ludicrous. 65 dollar USPS express? What gives with the lack of priority mail to APO?
12-15-2008, 12:56 PM   #29
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I'm glad both Helen and Henry take the time to monitor forums and be ambassadors when things go wrong; thanks for to both of them for doing this and for their bosses to have the foresight to do this. Henry looked after a shipping refund issue I had when I got 3 bad Tamron 28-75's in a row and took care of it quickly.

With the volume these companies do, what they do when the inevitable occasional foulups happen is important. The only thing they're missing is Amazon's 30 day price protection policy but I hope they change that someday ;-)
12-15-2008, 01:07 PM   #30
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by henryp Quote
Ouch! That smarts. :-)

That does too. :-)
Both B&H and Adorama are the class of the field! (that make you feel better, Henry? )

I've ordered from both, everything was perfect soup to nuts.