Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
K20D w/18-55 lens @ Adorama for 699?

Wow... 19411 Pentax K20D Digital SLR Camera Body with 18-55mm Lens Kit

Jeremy

12-11-2008, 08:58 PM   #2

Wow! That is tempting!
12-11-2008, 10:06 PM   #3

I was going to order one of these tonight but I did some last minute surfing because prices and deals seem to come and go daily on the K20d lately and I found it for 611.00 w/18-55 and 763.00 w/16-45 at Wilddigital.com. Has anyone had any experience with these people? It isn't marked as an import model like some of their cameras.
12-11-2008, 10:10 PM   #4

that's cheap. the same site sells the body alone for $744. that's odd, the kit package is cheaper than the body.

12-11-2008, 10:31 PM   #5

Please disregard my post above. A little research shows that it is probably Broadway Photo. I believe I will go with Adorama!
12-14-2008, 04:16 AM   #6
Adorama Camera Representative

QuoteOriginally posted by fiveo Quote
Please disregard my post above. A little research shows that it is probably Broadway Photo. I believe I will go with Adorama!
Any problems or concerns with an order from Adorama, please don't hesitate to get in touch directly.

Sincerely

Helen Oster
Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador
helen.oster@adoramacamera.com
Digital cameras, all other cameras and everything photographic from Adorama Camera
12-14-2008, 11:58 AM   #7
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Helen Oster Quote
Any problems or concerns with an order from Adorama, please don't hesitate to get in touch directly.

Sincerely

Helen Oster
Digital cameras, all other cameras and everything photographic from Adorama Camera
Helen,
When I click on the link in the OP it takes me to the $699 price but when I search your site as I normally do it comes up as a $780 price. now I'm wondering if I've been missing some of your deals by not searching right. Any suggestions?

12-14-2008, 12:10 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Actually, that deal at Adorama or something similar is apparently the unexpected package deal I seem to have gotten.

(I'd have given a heads-up if I'd been aware of it before my friend triumphantly told me he might have gotten in under the wire before the offer lapsed: you see, this K20 is coming in trade for some really nice lenses I found at a pawnshop, so I'm not actually the one who did the buying. Pure chance he found this offer just in time. But it *was* real, at least. There may be other promotions out there, for all I know.)

Ah, wait. Not quite the same. The one my friend found had the bag and card and spare battery as well, but I see nothing on that link from the OP that says they mightn't honor the price. The link, as the other thing my friend found, appear to be from email promotions, so that might be why the special price, to attract new customers. (and the apparent discrepancy with checkout would seem to be because the link is a special offer)

I've been dealing with them for a long time, good company. I'm hoping to find the FA 50 I had to exchange arrives expeditiously: never actually had anything go *wrong* before, but so far so good.

Last edited by Ratmagiclady; 12-14-2008 at 12:25 PM.
12-14-2008, 01:57 PM   #9
Adorama Camera Representative

QuoteOriginally posted by regken Quote
Helen,
When I click on the link in the OP it takes me to the $699 price but when I search your site as I normally do it comes up as a $780 price. now I'm wondering if I've been missing some of your deals by not searching right. Any suggestions?
So, got an answer back from the buying department; this is a special link to the special price. If you order using it, you get it - if you don't, or you leave it too late..........................

If you want it, best do it right away!

Sincerely

Helen Oster
12-14-2008, 02:01 PM   #10

So, got an answer back from the buying department; this is a special link to the special price. If you order using it, you get it - if you don't, or you leave it too late..........................

If you want it, best do it right away!

Sincerely

Helen Oster
Helen,

Is there a special link to a better price on the k20D body only?
12-14-2008, 02:35 PM   #11
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Looking for body only myself, so if there's a special link I would appreciated it as well.
12-14-2008, 02:40 PM   #12
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by allill Quote
Helen,

Is there a special link to a better price on the k20D body only?
Not that I'm Helen, but it's generally easier for a company to throw in some stuff they usually get a certain amount of markup on, (like kit lenses and cards and cases and spare batteries) than to try and go even lower on the price of a major item that's priced pretty competitively, anyway. Like, say, they throw in a spare memory card and a battery, ....you get, say, fifty or sixty bucks worth of stuff from your retail: they pay wholesale, so, for them, it's like they paid thirty to make their store twice as attractive to anyone needing or wanting those things, in that way. Of course, they might miss out on a few secondary profits, but they make some sales as opposed to someone else making them.

So, it's a lot easier to have special deals on kits than to undercut a body-only price. (And some places go on Ebay and mark up last year's model to this year's prices by throwing in a whole bunch of crap, which is an extreme example. )

But, It's like, I'd have limited use for a kit lens. Would I pay much extra for it? Would I buy one for a hundred dollars? Probably not. But, someone tosses one in and it doesn't put me out, then I'm probably going to go with them as opposed to someone else, all other factors aside. That's kind of the rationale.
12-14-2008, 02:50 PM   #13
Veteran Member

Sincerely

Helen Oster

I've done a lot of business with Adorama over the past seven years and I've always been very pleased with their service. Highly recommended company!
12-14-2008, 03:29 PM   #14
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Holy @#%& that's a great price! Money's tight for the holidays, and I'm trying to save up for the DA15. But this is hard to resist - I wish I didn't see it!
12-14-2008, 03:39 PM   #15
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Pricing is very weird. Right now if you go to Adorama and search for Pentax K20D (no special deals or anything) you get 2 things of interest in comparing:

1. Pentax K20D Digital SLR Camera Kit, with 2 GB SD Memory Card, Spare DL-150 Type Lithium-Ion Rechargeable Battery, Slinger System Bag for $729
2. Pentax K20D Body Only for $744

Weird.

Jeremy

Last edited by jeremy_c; 12-14-2008 at 03:40 PM. Reason: Pasted search URL didn't work, you will have to search yourself.