Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-12-2008, 12:43 AM   #1

Severe problem with Pentax k10d

I have a mysterious color problem with my Pentax K10D. It is bought in the beginning of 2007. Now I'm traveling in India and the problem occurred some time after visiting the Taj Mahal.

First of all the photos come out all blue-red colored. When you look at the info, it is identical with the normal pictures. But when looking at the histogram – there are some general (white) curves, but all in the first third of the measurement area. Red, green and blue curves are almost nonexistent. It seems that it has stopped recording the RGB values. Also, when i transferred the pictures on my lap top, the file names are _IGP000.jpg instead of IMGP000.jpg.

I am very worried about this and hope some one could help me.

Anyone heard of similar problems?
Any information is valuable.

Thank you so much!

Inka

12-12-2008, 01:07 AM   #2
Veteran Member

1) _IGP is AdobeRGB color space
2) Check EV correction value. May it is set to huge minus. (EV button)
3) Check white balance and white balance adjustment (dot on Blue-Amber-Green-Magenta grid)
4) Reset to factory settings your cam.