Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 88 Likes Search this Thread
02-28-2022, 01:25 PM - 1 Like   #16
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by surfar Quote
not going to happen.But a loupe on a K-01 is ok.
Yeah... or just a nice, big optical viewfinder like the one on the K-3III. I've heard that's pretty good too

02-28-2022, 01:33 PM - 5 Likes   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I don't see the justification for criticism! Ed clearly likes Pentax, his videos are always interesting and its not as if we are overloaded by Pentax content! Ed, keep up the good work
02-28-2022, 01:49 PM - 1 Like   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
Yeah... or just a nice, big optical viewfinder like the one on the K-3III. I've heard that's pretty good too
It is a great viewfinder. Really, you should try one, Mike. I was out with mine yesterday, and I just don't see that mirrorless could add much to the experience – maybe a flippy screen, which I do miss compared with the K-1 – but if I want lightweight, then I have an OMD-E5-II for that (I just checked, and I haven't used it since I got the K-3III, nearly a year ago).

Put that viewfinder on a K-1 and you've got a camera that will probably make us all forget about its weight.
02-28-2022, 02:01 PM   #19
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by RobA_Oz Quote
It is a great viewfinder. Really, you should try one, Mike. I was out with mine yesterday, and I just don't see that mirrorless could add much to the experience – maybe a flippy screen, which I do miss compared with the K-1 – but if I want lightweight, then I have an OMD-E5-II for that (I just checked, and I haven't used it since I got the K-3III, nearly a year ago).

Put that viewfinder on a K-1 and you've got a camera that will probably make us all forget about its weight.
I'd hope there's one in my future, Rob - if there's anything left in my pocket after heating and powering my home @ GBP £3K a year and filling the car with diesel at GBP £1.50 per litre

02-28-2022, 02:05 PM - 4 Likes   #20
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Qwntm Quote
Every camera or lens I have tried I have done so with the intention of keeping and using if it met my needs, requirements and expectations. Sadly most have failed. When the system I'm experimenting with fails to meet my needs, I end up going back to a few stalwarts (for me) namely Fuji and Pentax.
Looking forward to youtube video's made by camera's that think that the user does not meet their requirements .
02-28-2022, 02:43 PM   #21
Pentaxian

I've heard that's pretty good too
Yeah, not worth the 500bux extra on the price compared to the 5 bux from Ebay!...I haven't looked through the K3/3 one yet, only the K-1 which is pretty good too.
02-28-2022, 03:35 PM - 3 Likes   #22
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

Yeah, not worth the 500bux extra on the price compared to the 5 bux from Ebay!...I haven't looked through the K3/3 one yet, only the K-1 which is pretty good too.
You're seriously comparing the K-3III's OVF to a cheap eBay enlarging eyepiece and claiming that's what the extra money is for? If that's your view on Pentax, Peter, why are you even involved in these forums (especially the Pentax DSLR Discussion one)? Isn't there a Fufifilm fan-site that would enjoy your posts more? I respectfully suggest there must be...

02-28-2022, 03:39 PM - 1 Like   #23
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'd hope there's one in my future, Rob - if there's anything left in my pocket after heating and powering my home @ GBP £3K a year and filling the car with diesel at GBP £1.50 per litre
If I do manage to get to my delayed walks in the UK in October, and you still don't have one, Mike, I’ll come and show you mine. I haven’t been back to the North of England in far too long, anyway. We’re paying nearly AU$2 per litre for RON95 here, but I expect it to get worse before it gets better, if it ever does. Commiserations.
02-28-2022, 03:43 PM - 1 Like   #24
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

You're seriously comparing the K-3III's OVF to a cheap eBay enlarging eyepiece and claiming that's what the extra money is for? If that's your view on Pentax, Peter, why are you even involved in these forums (especially the Pentax DSLR Discussion one)? Isn't there a Fufifilm fan-site that would enjoy your posts more? I respectfully suggest there must be...
You should try being a Tasmanian, and being on the receiving end of his jokes, Mike! Come to think of it, England’s NE suffers from a fair degree of (mostly) good-humoured jibes from the rest of the country, so don't let him start!
02-28-2022, 03:44 PM   #25
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

If I do manage to get to my delayed walks in the UK in October, and you still don't have one, Mike, I’ll come and show you mine. I haven’t been back to the North of England in far too long, anyway. We’re paying nearly AU$2 per litre for RON95 here, but I expect it to get worse before it gets better, if it ever does. Commiserations.
Cheers, Rob - we're still smiling, or at least doing our level best to, in the global circumstances

If you manage to make it over to the UK, it'd be a delight to meet you - and if you can't get up to the North East, I might even have enough fumes left in the 4x4 to come down to you, or meet you half way
02-28-2022, 03:47 PM   #26
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

You should try being a Tasmanian, and being on the receiving end of his jokes, Mike! Come to think of it, England’s NE suffers from a fair degree of (mostly) good-humoured jibes from the rest of the country, so don't let him start!
I'm a Mackem, Rob... a Sunderland lad (Big Mackem - Big Mack Cam - see what I did with the username? ). We Mackems are the butt of jokes even by Geordies (oh, the shame of it), as I suspect you know... At least I'm not from Hartlepool. I've never been called a Monkey-hanger
02-28-2022, 03:50 PM - 1 Like   #27
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Cheers, Rob - we're still smiling, or at least doing our level best to, in the global circumstances

If you manage to make it over to the UK, it'd be a delight to meet you - and if you can't get up to the North East, I might even have enough fumes left in the 4x4 to come down to you, or meet you half way
Come to think of it, I’ve been to Grace Darling country a few times, but never at the right time to dodge the tides and walk to Lindisfarne (Holy Island), so there’s a great photo opportunity.

PS – I do know the story about the monkey.
02-28-2022, 03:57 PM   #28
Pentaxian

You should try being a Tasmanian
I'd imagine its not so bad ,you dont get the heatwaves that Australia gets!lol.

Someone has to live there.

My uncle married a girl from Devonport,long time ago.He always complained of double vision.
02-28-2022, 04:02 PM   #29
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'd imagine its not so bad ,you dont get the heatwaves that Australia gets!lol.

Someone has to live there.

My uncle married a girl from Devonport,long time ago.He always complained of double vision.
C’mon. All the flood water around you right now – get out and shoot and show us yer land/seascapes.
02-28-2022, 04:09 PM   #30
Pentaxian

claiming that's what the extra money is for?
Well,please explain what the extra is for?