Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-28-2022, 08:29 AM - 6 Likes   #1
Closed Account

How Pentax Ruined Digital Photography...

Please comment though if Pentax ruined photography for you too (& how)...

02-28-2022, 08:34 AM - 5 Likes   #2
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
It's a very pro-Pentax video, praising both the K1 and K3III. In a nutshell he wants a Pentax body and controls with the guts of mirorless, as some here mention. Good luck with that, so in the meantime it's sounding like he's reigniting an old love affair with Pentax DSLR's.
02-28-2022, 09:10 AM - 4 Likes   #3
Pentaxian

What Ed is doing is to rent cameras to produce his videos. Recent his choice was Nikon Z7 but only lasted a few weeks (the duration to publish video content). He's probably using Fuji X-T something for recording his videos and 4x5 film kit, with everything rented for making videos for his youtube channel. I've seen pretty much all brands (Pentax, Fuji, Olympus, Fuji, Pentax, Fuji, Sony, Fuji, Nikon, Fuji, Pentax) being his preferred camera but it never lasted more than a few weeks. Basically Ed likes all cameras but only for a short time.
02-28-2022, 09:20 AM - 3 Likes   #4
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

I haven't watched the video, but anything pro-Pentax is nice and @gatorguy says that's what this is, so... great.

02-28-2022, 09:57 AM - 1 Like   #5

QuoteOriginally posted by bigmackcam Quote
i haven't watched the video, but anything pro-pentax is nice and @gatorguy says that's what this is, so... Great.
go team!
02-28-2022, 10:27 AM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I watched half of it and gave up, preferring videos about making photographs. So no, Pentax hasn’t ruined digital photography for me. Other things getting in the way of being out in interesting light have spoiled it instead.
02-28-2022, 11:05 AM - 4 Likes   #7
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by biz-engineer Quote
What Ed is doing is to rent cameras to produce his videos. Recent his choice was Nikon Z7 but only lasted a few weeks (the duration to publish video content). He's probably using Fuji X-T something for recording his videos and 4x5 film kit, with everything rented for making videos for his youtube channel. I've seen pretty much all brands (Pentax, Fuji, Olympus, Fuji, Pentax, Fuji, Sony, Fuji, Nikon, Fuji, Pentax) being his preferred camera but it never lasted more than a few weeks. Basically Ed likes all cameras but only for a short time.
Please see original invoices, thanks.

02-28-2022, 11:26 AM - 2 Likes   #8
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Qwntm Quote
I can see you buy and sell regularly.
02-28-2022, 11:40 AM - 4 Likes   #9
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
What Ed is doing is to rent cameras to produce his videos.
For some reason this exchange strikes me as funny.

Steve
02-28-2022, 11:59 AM - 8 Likes   #10
Veteran Member

I can see you buy and sell regularly.
I've never rented a camera or lens in my life.

Every camera or lens I have tried I have done so with the intention of keeping and using if it met my needs, requirements and expectations. Sadly most have failed. When the system I'm experimenting with fails to meet my needs, I end up going back to a few stalwarts (for me) namely Fuji and Pentax.

I share my experiences on my Youtube channel honestly and sincerely.

Interestingly, other much bigger channels are just given or loaned gear by various manufacturers, use that gear for a week or two, never intending to actually use the gear and make a few positive videos and nobody seems to think there's any problem with that... yet for some reason what I do is criticized frequently.
02-28-2022, 12:03 PM - 3 Likes   #11

yet for some reason what I do is criticized frequently.
Well, I like your chats. I find you informative, down to earth and humorous. I have learned a few things from you as well. I could care less about video, but hey, I don't have a YouTube channel.

Keep the videos coming.
02-28-2022, 12:29 PM - 3 Likes   #12
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I've never rented a camera or lens in my life.

Every camera or lens I have tried I have done so with the intention of keeping and using if it met my needs, requirements and expectations. Sadly most have failed. When the system I'm experimenting with fails to meet my needs, I end up going back to a few stalwarts (for me) namely Fuji and Pentax.

Interestingly, other much bigger channels are just given or loaned gear by various manufacturers, use that gear for a week or two, never intending to actually use the gear and make a few positive videos and nobody seems to think there's any problem with that... yet for some reason what I do is criticized frequently.
QuoteOriginally posted by MikeStnly Quote
Well, I like your chats. I find you informative, down to earth and humorous. I have learned a few things from you as well. I could care less about video, but hey, I don't have a YouTube channel.

Keep the videos coming.
I’m with Mike, Ed. I like your videos, particularly the ones about shooting landscape. They inspire me to get out and shoot more*.

As difficult as it can be, ignore the armchair critics. I used to be involved in politics, which is good training for developing a thick skin, although if you’re human (not suggesting anyone here isn’t) some of it still stings, but I can put it aside more easily as a result of that experience.

So, yes. Keep it up. I reckon channels like yours will do better as the camera market shrinks and those left shooting something other than a smartphone will be more interested in technique. Maybe the smartphone punters will, too.

*If only my back would let me.

Last edited by RobA_Oz; 02-28-2022 at 01:14 PM.
02-28-2022, 12:44 PM   #13
Closed Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by gatorguy Quote
It's a very pro-Pentax video, praising both the K1 and K3III. In a nutshell he wants a Pentax body and controls with the guts of mirorless, as some here mention. Good luck with that, so in the meantime it's sounding like he's reigniting an old love affair with Pentax DSLR's.
Yea, I commented on his video that we'd probably lose the k-mount if Pentax went mirrorless....
02-28-2022, 12:51 PM - 1 Like   #14
Pentaxian

Yes you do and I occasionally comment on your content.

This one was good as with your others.

In May, your dream could be closer to reality.But NO,Pentax isnt releasing a M/L.

What is happening is the X-H2 and if you have used a X-H1 you will find it similar to a K-3(just a bit lighter).

Now,Fuji may have changed the body on the H2,this I dont know.If they kept it the same or similar then all good.

The H1 came about due to some Fuji feedback from customers that wanted a Dslr feel Fuji.So Fuji made one.

Its a GOOD camera if you dont need the latest AF,nice video and the SWEETEST shutter of any camera Ive owned(lots, like you)

Look forward to May.

---------- Post added 03-01-22 at 07:00 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by gatorguy Quote
Good luck with that,
Yes, not going to happen.But a loupe on a K-01 is ok.
02-28-2022, 01:03 PM - 2 Likes   #15
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

No doubt…

Thanks for suggesting a visit to Thomas Heaton's YouTube channel. He sets a high bar for quality content delivery.

His ramblings (yours, too) have rekindled my interest in landscape photography.

Thomas Heaton - YouTube

Cheers and enjoy the season… M