Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-12-2008, 02:11 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
K20D Showed Up Yesterday...

Today I get to play some. Very different from the K100D.

Figured out the "allow manual aperture" setting. Figured out what is up with the Green Button. I understand the operating modes and what works with a manual lens. I think I am ready to go out.

First impressions:

Man, that kit lens is a light-weight compared to the M Series. Focusing a plastic ring just don't seem right. Oh well, the Sony Alpha I tried had the same thing. Unless I hit the lottery, I'll stick with the old school glass.

Auto-focus feels a bit odd when it burps. I had only used a P & S with auto-focus before.

Good build quality. Better than K100D by a long shot. Better than I have seen from the competition.

I love the sealed access doors. Someone really thought those through.

I never realized how dark the view finder on the K100D is. Big deal for a manual-focus Neanderthal like me.

Intuitive layout. I'm glad so much of the layout is familiar from the K100D.

This looks like a great camera and a great deal.

12-12-2008, 02:15 PM   #2

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Oh yea... Adorama.com was great.
12-12-2008, 02:56 PM   #3

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by jocko_nc Quote
Oh yea... Adorama.com was great.
Glad that worked out for you, it was a great price.^^ Congrats and enjoy over the holidays!

I played with the K20D at my local camera shop and it is very nice to hold. It's bigger than my *istDS but the size wasn't overwhelming. I compared it to a Nikon D80 and that body was huge to me and my smallish hands. I too felt the menu was familiar and my camera is about 4 years old so it was nice to see that Pentax kept them similar.

I'm green with envy!