Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-13-2008, 06:32 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Please list in order the camera bodies.....

I currently have a K100d. Its been a good camera, however, as time marches on, I can see that one of these days it will be replaced by something better.

With all the Pentax Model numbers out there, it is a little confusing to me, can you list the order of "old to new" camera bodies?

K100d
K100d super
etc.

Thank you.

I'm simply trying to figure out what my next camera body will be (will probably be handing the K100d to my daughter in the near future).

vmax84

12-13-2008, 07:47 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Check out B. Dimitrov's site. AFAIK it is the most complete listing of all things pentax. Below is a link to the "bodies" section, just click on the "digital bodies" to get almost all the info you need. There are some parameters he doesn't mention, for instance the Ist D/DS/DS2/K10D/K20D all have a penta prism view finder system, the others have a penta mirror viewfinder. I would check the specs of the individual models you are interested in to get a better idea of what each model has or lacks.
linky:http://kmp.bdimitrov.de/bodies/index.html#data

NaCl(B. Dimitrov is also a great site for lens info)H2O
12-13-2008, 08:01 AM   #3
Inactive Account

Here is my favorite place to check up on various cameras - especially Pentax.
You can tell by review date how old each camera is.

Enjoy!

Steves Digicams - Reviews: Digital Cameras: SLR & Professional
12-13-2008, 09:11 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks for the good info. It's almost mind boggling how many different models there are. I am looking in the near future to upgrade (by purchasing a good used one).

Thanks again!!

vmax84

Pic of the day:

I'm still learning how to use my K100d, so I might be a little premature on upgrading!! I love this camera stuff!!