Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-14-2008, 12:41 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by OrenMc Quote
I went out today and took some more photos with both cameras and will post examples. I haven't had a chance to even look at the yet.
I suggest you try a few in P-mode with Auto ISO or even Green mode, just to see how the camera does by itself.

12-14-2008, 02:25 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Frankly, I too am having difficulty seeing what the problem is supposed to be here. I see some pretty good pictures, some a bit underexposed for obvious reasons (bright background dominating scene), some a bit off focus in scenes where it wasn't clear what the camera should have been focusing on, some showing subject motion and/or camera shake at focal lengths and shutter speeds where this is to be expected, and some showing a little shadow noise at relatively low ISO, just as all reviews have pointed out.

BTW, regarding EIXF - it's visible under "More Properties" when viewed directly on Flickr, but for some reasons, pictures posted elsewhere from Flickr do not show the EXIF.
12-14-2008, 09:05 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I will take a closer look at what I am doing. I went out today under pretty much the same conditions with simular results. Its making me crazy. I have never had a problem handholding and shooting in such conditions.
Maybe I do need to try the green mode again and get back to basics,
Did someone say "slump "

Thanks for all the suggestions!!
12-15-2008, 10:57 AM   #19
Veteran Member

I will take a closer look at what I am doing. I went out today under pretty much the same conditions with simular results. Its making me crazy. I have never had a problem handholding and shooting in such conditions.
Do you still have access to the K10D? Or could you borrow one? Would be nice to do some side by side tests. Again, I'm just not seeing anything "terrible" about the images you posted - they look pretty much exactly as should be expected for the conditions & settings. So it would be interested to get a more objective look at what is setting your expectations for the results you *should* be able to achieve.

12-15-2008, 07:36 PM   #20
Veteran Member

I Maybe I do need to try the green mode again and get back to basics!
One thing I wondered about is whether you're using a central focus point. Sorry if that's too obvious.
12-16-2008, 07:22 AM   #21
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Hey Marc,
Yes I still have the K10. Time and light hasn't been a friend though so I haven't been able to do the tests like I really want. I took the K20 out with my Tamron 28-75 and the K10 w/ 77 limited. It was really cold and I didn't want to swap out lenses in the conditions. Results are still inconclusive. But I am however starting to lean more toward user.
If you have a suggestion for a good indoor test it would be appreciated. I have the focusing chart that I first started the test with but that was the cause fo the initial confusion. I haven't tried using my flash yet to help with the indoor light. I don't know if that is a good idea or not.

If you looked at my flickr page you can see some portraits that I did with the K20 and the 77 at a christmas party. I was really happy with the results from that combination considering the conditions.

I really appreciate the help. Everyone is probably thinking I'm a nut case at this point and wishing I would move on.
BTW I was thinking on selling the K10 but seeing how the resale priceses have really dropped I might just hold on to it as a back up.

audiobomber,
Yes I have been using central focus point. Thanks for the suggestion.

As I stated earlier time and light is not really allowing me do this right. Everytime I try to get set up something pops up

Thanks again
12-27-2008, 09:31 PM   #22
Veteran Member

I am very curious how you made out with this one. I notice you just posted some nice shots (in other place on Forum), but they were all done with your K10. Does this mean the K20 went back? I appreciate any feedback--thanks.