Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 15 Likes Search this Thread
08-13-2022, 06:48 AM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
I think the problem is with the transfer of files between the camera and WCP. With a wifi monitor on, the transfer of data stops and the program hangs.
On my KP, if you stop recording on the camera, then switch the mode back to single shot, the program then responds again without having to kill it and restart.

The same problem exists with bracketing. I can't say I use video at all so isn't an issue for me.

08-13-2022, 08:23 AM   #17
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by stevejo Quote
I think the problem is with the transfer of files between the camera and WCP. With a wifi monitor on, the transfer of data stops and the program hangs.
On my KP, if you stop recording on the camera, then switch the mode back to single shot, the program then responds again without having to kill it and restart.
The same problem exists with bracketing. I can't say I use video at all so isn't an issue for me.
Thanks … the whole point of the exercise for me was to be able to grab multiple video clips whilst standing/sitting a few feet from the camera in a semi-concealed position so's to not disturb the subject(s).
I've no need to transfer the files from the camera via wifi, my laptop and desktop PCs both have SD card readers.
I just would like to install the camera for a few hours and monitor it remotely, activating it as necessary whilst remaining out of view.
Guess I'll live with re-starting the program and hope for an update in the future
08-13-2022, 11:14 AM   #18
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by kypfer Quote
FWIW I've now checked my K-3iii as well and have the same symptoms … the LiveView screen comes up on the laptop, I click the button in the program (after focussing, if appropriate) and the camera starts recording a movie, but the program then hangs and I have to close the program down and restart it
Hi,

this is very interesting because I had no idea that my program could be useful to shot videos. Let my do some tests maybe I can easily add at least the start / stop function. The download is a bit more difficult.
Can I send to you some betas to test them? I don't own k3III or kp cameras.

Best Regards.

P.S.: I don't have mail from you
08-13-2022, 11:46 AM   #19
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Andrea K Quote
Hi,

this is very interesting because I had no idea that my program could be useful to shot videos. Let my do some tests maybe I can easily add at least the start / stop function. The download is a bit more difficult.
Can I send to you some betas to test them? I don't own k3III or kp cameras.

Best Regards.

P.S.: I don't have mail from you

Thanks for the response
A stop function is all that is needed.
The program will start the camera recording, but instead of returning to a state whereby the shutter button can be clicked again to stop the recording, the program becomes unresponsive.
With the program terminated the camera then stops recording.
When the program is re-started the saved file on the camera can be accessed and downloaded, but it does take a long while because the files are large and would not normally be necessary except possibly for a very short test clip.
I'll be happy to test any beta you can generate.
I've PM'd you with my e-mail details

08-23-2022, 06:12 AM   #20
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Wonderful piece of software!
Just installed 1.7.2 and I'm having a good time.
However, in a large SD card it only "sees" some of the folders (36 folders), not all of them (I make 1 per day)

Last edited by titrisol; 08-23-2022 at 06:20 AM.
08-24-2022, 10:24 AM - 1 Like   #21
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by titrisol Quote
Wonderful piece of software!
Just installed 1.7.2 and I'm having a good time.
However, in a large SD card it only "sees" some of the folders (36 folders), not all of them (I make 1 per day)
Thanks!

If I remember well there is limitation in the RICOH side. Can you try to use the Image Sync app to verify if there is the same limit?

In a few days the 1.7.3 version will be released with video rec functions (start / stop) but only available with K3 Mark III, GR III family and KP.

Regards,

Andrea
12-02-2022, 11:13 AM - 1 Like   #22
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Fantastic software, I installed WiFi Commander for PENTAX v 1.7.2 on Linux and it works - thanks

Equipment: Pentax K1 II, OpenSuse Leap 15.2
Steps: install wine, remove wine-mono, install dotnet40 and than original dotnet48 from Microsoft (ndp48-x86-x64-allos-enu.exe)

For help: e.g. Manual Steps
https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=application&iId=2586

12-02-2022, 11:16 AM - 1 Like   #23
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by thomas65g Quote
Fantastic software, I installed WiFi Commander for PENTAX v 1.7.2 on Linux and it works - thanks

Equipment: Pentax K1 II, OpenSuse Leap 15.2
Steps: install wine, remove wine-mono, install dotnet40 and than original dotnet48 from Microsoft (ndp48-x86-x64-allos-enu.exe)

For help: e.g. Manual Steps
https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=application&iId=2586
You are a genius!
Now I need the same on macOS....

Ah, I'm about to release the 1.7.3...