Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-08-2022, 02:33 PM   #16
dms
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I almost exclusicvely use the #3 (FE) and #4 (35mm equiv) lenses, so focusing is not something I do. I have them focused (and taped in position) for about 4 feet, which covers 2 ft or less to infinity. And I also usually have them in manual exposure. So all I care about is viewing, and with the 35m equivalent finder the package is still quite small (that is what normally is in my jacket pocket or book backpack).

But what works best is what feels best in use/in hand, and that you have gotten very used to, and that is very personnal.

Last edited by dms; 05-08-2022 at 02:40 PM.
05-10-2022, 08:28 AM   #17
Forum Member

Viewfinder every time.

I have around 70 cameras, a lot of them new or vintage digital, and while I do use most of them, the ones without a viewfinder don't get as much use. Theres no substitute for a viewfinder - even an EVF is better than none - IT just gives you a degree of clarity and involvement in the scene that you can't get from an LCD,
05-10-2022, 10:38 AM - 1 Like   #18
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Strange but I use a Canon G3X 20 Mpx superzoom and I easily compose all my images on the back LCD screen. The screen is large, bright and poses no problem for me. Without glasses or optical viewfinder correction lenses, I am extremely near-sighted, so I see the photogram very well and never feel any discomfort using the LCD only.