Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
05-30-2022, 03:26 PM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by RobA_Oz Quote
Yes, but as far as I’m aware, pixel shift uses the same general control mechanism, just as horizon correction does. I could be wrong, but I thought that pixel shift was implemented in software, perhaps with hardware that evolved with finer tolerances in the later camera bodies.
I just wondered how Pentax got away with Pixel Shift when there are so many existing patents for the technique none of which seem to be by Pentax.

05-30-2022, 03:40 PM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by slartibartfast01 Quote
I just wondered how Pentax got away with Pixel Shift when there are so many existing patents for the technique none of which seem to be by Pentax.
Yes, I understand where you’re coming from. I referred to the earlier Pentax patents more for their explanation of the mechanism, which I thought was what the OP was talking about.

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, dslr, hall, ibis, k1, motion, pentax, photography, pixel, pixel shift, position, sense, sensor, shift, shifts, step, steps