Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 33 Likes Search this Thread
06-25-2022, 07:30 PM   #46
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Digitalis Quote
X-trans raw converter is Irident from what I have seen*, and it is still a MAC OS only converter. I have nothing against macs
Maybe you should check out Irident website to clarify that.

06-25-2022, 11:37 PM   #47
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by surfar Quote
Maybe you should check out Irident website to clarify that.
Irident developer is MacOs only - the transformer applications are cross platform DNG converters, and have limited functionality when compared the full Irident developer suite.
06-26-2022, 12:29 AM - 1 Like   #48
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by miguelfenoglio Quote
I’ve actually given this quite a bit of thought … I’m talking about a mechanical digital camera that could even run without batteries. Now that’d be progress and not more megapixels.
I’ve obviously not given this enough thought: a mechanical digital camera that runs without batteries ….. nope, I need to think a lot more about that one.
06-26-2022, 01:02 AM   #49
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Digitalis Quote
the transformer applications are cross platform DNG converters, and have limited functionality when compared the full Irident developer suite.
IT 2.5 is now compatible with the X=H2s files,you should play with it and see how its progressed.

Mind you the 50% of Fuji users who dont shoot raw won't look at it or CaptureOne which seems to overwhelmingly be the preferred RAW DEVELOPER.

06-26-2022, 04:56 AM   #50
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by miguelfenoglio Quote
The key thing for me though was that I did not want to use batteries.
You certainly have a thing against batteries. I agree they are a nuisance, and I spend quite a lot of my life just on "battery management" - changing or re-charging the things. There was a time when house clocks for example ran off the mains for year after year with no attention, but my house clocks now seem to require a constant stream of battery changing. I prefer hand operated tools such as wrenches and screwdrivers to battery operated ones (and I do a lot of practical work) because electrical assistance is not necessary in those cases; I am against the trend. However I I find it perfectly reasonable that a portable device that absolutely requires batteries, such as a phone or digital camera, should use batteries.

QuoteOriginally posted by StiffLegged Quote
a mechanical digital camera that runs without batteries ….. nope, I need to think a lot more about that one
I think the OP had the idea of making electricity by cranking the re-wind lever several times (presumably to charge an internal re-chargeable battery or very large capacitor). A bit like the clockwork powered radio that Nelson Mandela wanted distributed to the masses so the broadcasts of his propaganda speeches could reach remote areas.
06-27-2022, 06:34 PM   #51

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by EssJayEff Quote
One of the difficulties in reading this thread is that people are using the word "vintage" with different personal understandings of its meaning. One dictionary definition of the word is "a period of origin or manufacture." With that meaning, any camera not currently being manufactured can be described as vintage. Thus, the K-3 I and II are vintage because their "period of manufacture" has passed. That is how I think of the word, and why I used quotation marks around the word vintage in my initial reply; the K-1 II technically isn't vintage because it is still being manufactured (or at least it is still available for purchase as new). I was characterizing the K-1 II as "vintage" because it has not been upgraded for several years, and thus it is a bit dated.

Similar confusion surrounds discussions about "vintage" photographs . . . prints made close to the time a photographer exposed the negative or digital file, versus those prints made somewhat later.
sorry about my bad English ability. The “vintage cameras” here means those newly produced cameras with a vintage kinds of outlooks which makes them looks like those old film cameras
07-04-2022, 12:46 PM - 1 Like   #52

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Pentax D-LX.

Interface the same. No digital back-screen. Digital FF of 16 Mpix. No shake reduction. Attachement available with the original LX attachements.

Price the same with original analogue Pentax LX. From the internet, I am finding standard pentaprism viewfinder and a 50mm f/1.4 Pentax-M lens and carried a manufacturer’s suggested retail price of $1085.

I will buy from the workshop place.

As I am having the LX attachments (and the film camera), I am volunteering for being the tracer bullet.

Creating the renewal of third party branding with the crowd funding, if Pentax is not following their workshop approach.

Last edited by ppohja; 07-04-2022 at 01:09 PM.
07-09-2022, 11:10 AM   #53

QuoteOriginally posted by ppohja Quote
Pentax D-LX.

Interface the same. No digital back-screen. Digital FF of 16 Mpix. No shake reduction. Attachement available with the original LX attachements.

Price the same with original analogue Pentax LX. From the internet, I am finding standard pentaprism viewfinder and a 50mm f/1.4 Pentax-M lens and carried a manufacturer’s suggested retail price of $1085.

I will buy from the workshop place.

As I am having the LX attachments (and the film camera), I am volunteering for being the tracer bullet.

Creating the renewal of third party branding with the crowd funding, if Pentax is not following their workshop approach.
About this approach, I am seeing the French startup company named Pixii - Digital rangefinder camera were successful for their crowdfunding campaign.

--- clip ---
Connected digital rangefinder camera.
New 26MP BSI image sensor.
New interactive viewfinder.
USB-C and more.
--- clip ---

Lowest price they are suggesting is 8GB - 2499 euros. I am not wanting to buy such gadget, because my lens is not compatible with this. Previously I tried the Ricoh A12 module of that GR camera. Just threw the module away.

So doubleshooting my original findings of what Pentax offered of the standard LX price of a bit over 1,000$ dollars. Because inflation was then, and now soaring, then.

Pentax D-LX, 2,499€.
Pentax D-LX, 2,499$.
Pentax D-LX, 349,999¥.

Should I move myself for being the pricing manager?

Whaterless. I would buy this product with the above stated prices. Be it in $, €, or ¥.

Last edited by ppohja; 07-09-2022 at 11:16 AM.
07-10-2022, 01:35 AM - 2 Likes   #54
Pentaxian

Given that there are people out there willing to pay tens of thousands for the most esoteric audio equipment, perhaps Pentax should borrow some strategies from the hi-fi world. How about. . .

A non-digital camera based on the analog output from a CCD sensor, using a valve (tube) gain stage to amplify the signal enough to feed it to. . .

A reel to reel tape recorder. Then image playback off the tape by using RF modulation to send the signal to. . .

An analog CRT TV!

Priced at around $100,000 per unit, and marketed at the discerning multi-millionaire who demands a camera whose unique characteristics only the elite can appreciate and afford.

(And since some irony deprived member is bound to reply with a long post explaining why all of that is impossible, I should probably add a satire alert.)

Last edited by Dartmoor Dave; 07-10-2022 at 01:52 AM.
07-16-2022, 07:34 AM   #55
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Dartmoor Dave Quote
Given that there are people out there willing to pay tens of thousands for the most esoteric audio equipment, perhaps Pentax should borrow some strategies from the hi-fi world. How about. . .

A non-digital camera based on the analog output from a CCD sensor, using a valve (tube) gain stage to amplify the signal enough to feed it to. . .

A reel to reel tape recorder. Then image playback off the tape by using RF modulation to send the signal to. . .

An analog CRT TV!

Priced at around $100,000 per unit, and marketed at the discerning multi-millionaire who demands a camera whose unique characteristics only the elite can appreciate and afford.

(And since some irony deprived member is bound to reply with a long post explaining why all of that is impossible, I should probably add a satire alert.)
The only thing I ever owned that used RF only was a very old tube tv that we didn't own for very long... Thank goodness for Composite/S-Video and eventually component.
08-03-2022, 08:50 AM   #56

QuoteQuote:
Battery life is going to be a concern for any little body power hungry camera, including what the OP is jonesing after. It goes with the territory.
You want great big battery life then you need a great big battery and a camera body big enough to hold it. I solved the Fuji battery life problem (and I have commented at other times about short run times with Fuji X-T cameras) by purchasing a few more batteries and altering my shooting style somewhat.
My KP battery life is just awful. If you shoot long exposure your best bet is to have minimal 3 batteries for swapping. I own five and rotate quite often.

As stated, battery problems are easily solved by purchasing extra batteries.
08-24-2022, 12:26 AM   #57
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by katyusha Quote
$5000 is alot, but if there is a crowd found, I'll try my best��

---------- Post added 06-03-22 at 01:10 AM ----------

If the imaginary "KMEs" can be at a similar price comparing with the zfc or even lower with full-frame, I'll take it
the idea of changing the back of the camera to convert those film cameras into digital was a good Idea, al long as the dust control……
heres the link for the digital camera back idea lol https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqoochG0a4w
and if Pentax brought back the production of origianl LX with digital back option, you know~ just shut up and take my money Pentax
Regarding the video, I wonder what kind of wifi will work inside the metal box !? there are couple similar design in the pass but none of them has get to the market.
09-10-2022, 01:55 PM   #58

QuoteOriginally posted by lotech Quote
Regarding the video, I wonder what kind of wifi will work inside the metal box !? there are couple similar design in the pass but none of them has get to the market.
In the news, nowadays it is suggested that Leica is rumoured to annouce the new film camera.
Leica is rumored to announce a new film camera in October - Photo Rumors

Full counteract of being to be able to created the digialized film cameraes.

I am supporting the way for have the fully hybrid analogue/digital system camera. Above newsletter is telling Leica is steering towards this one.

br,
Pietu