Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-17-2008, 12:38 AM   #1

K200D card cover tight fit

I've noticed that the K200D card cover is "much" tighter fit than the K100D. As a result its much more difficult to extract my memory card after its initial halfway ejection. There isn't as much room to pinch the card on the back door side. I've had to resort to using a fingernail and the tiny indention on the memory card with one finger. Not using a card reader isn't an option.

Anyone else have the same problem?

12-17-2008, 01:45 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Yep, but thats the result of the weather sealing.

You will soon get used to it.
12-17-2008, 09:44 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Yep, it's normal, and you get used to it. BTW, that *is* what the indentation is for. I also sometimes grab by the corners from the side.
01-25-2009, 06:05 PM   #4
Inactive Account

sd card

Hi,

by the way ...how big card ( 1,2,4 go)a k 100 d can get?

01-25-2009, 08:15 PM   #5

Yes, I have found this to be the case as well. It's especially tough with large hands and fingers (like my own). However, I always get it out, just gentle and consistent on the removal. Remember, slow and steady wins the race.
01-25-2009, 08:25 PM   #6

QuoteOriginally posted by marc huot Quote
Hi,

by the way ...how big card ( 1,2,4 go)a k 100 d can get?
Hello Marc...

According to what I have read, you will need to make sure you have the latest firmware updates for your camera to use SDHC cards. I have read of those who use 8GB SDHC cards in their K100 cameras. However, most folks would agree that it makes more sense to use two smaller cards instead of one large card. This will ensure you are okay if one card goes bad, at least you will not lose too many photos and you can always switch to your backup card to shoot.

Don't forget to format your card inside your camera before trying to use it for the first time.

Enjoy! YMMV...
01-26-2009, 06:15 PM   #7
Veteran Member

I had that problem at first too.. First couple times I pulled the card out I inadvertently flicked it onto the floor. It kind of sticks after you get it halfway free.

I'm used to it sticking now, I got the card out with gloves on the other day. I take the cards out before I get back in the car to go home if the camera is half frozen, so I can leave the camera in the bag to thaw when I get home and still have the memory card out so I can check out the pics...