Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-19-2008, 03:16 AM   #16
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by audiobomber Quote
I agree the post-processing or possibly the in-camera jpeg settings are causing the blue cast. When I said I didn't like the output of the camera, I wasn't actually talking about the colour. There's a kind of buzziness in the images that looks very digital to me. Maybe that's a post-processing issue too, but I suspect it's the camera.
OK! Whether they be too blue or otherwise. To my eyes they look nice. Very nice. I'm not talking about image quality or composition or subject matter but there is something slightly unnatural about that whole photo stream and I think it's due to post processing and the guy did it on porpoise. I'll tell you what...I will ask the guy and report back! Horses's mouth.

12-19-2008, 05:21 AM   #17
Forum Member

He didn't answer yet. But looking and thinking about it, I'm seeing a kinda cross processed look. Achievable by curve tweaking in Photoshop I guess. But that's the thing I like.
12-20-2008, 08:32 PM   #18

The kit lens worth the $50 at less for beginner. even i don't use it much now, but it's a good lens to start with. 50mm 1.4 is a must have, it's up to you, u can pay ~$200 for the FA. or pay less than $80 for a Takumar 50mm 1.4(less on ebay). I have both, i found the Takumar has more fun to play with. FA is good if you want fast focus. but sometime manual focus brings more fun. By the way, one drawback for the K200D is the battery, i personally don't like the AA battery, i had the K100D withe rechargeable battery before, i hated it. now i'm using the K10D and i love it. K10D is same as K200D, if K10D doesn't cost more, go for K10D.
12-20-2008, 08:47 PM   #19
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by abraham_love Quote
He didn't answer yet. But looking and thinking about it, I'm seeing a kinda cross processed look. Achievable by curve tweaking in Photoshop I guess. But that's the thing I like.
The images remind me of old prints that have faded over time, losing one color. It is interesting. One thing I noticed in at least some of the images, shadow blackpoint is pulled way down losing detail in the shadows.

12-22-2008, 01:04 AM   #20
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jeffkrol Quote
The images remind me of old prints that have faded over time, losing one color. It is interesting. One thing I noticed in at least some of the images, shadow blackpoint is pulled way down losing detail in the shadows.
Ja - that's what I like. Here's a little tutorial I found that offers a starting point for the effect:
http://www.layersmagazine.com/curvy-cross-processing.html
12-22-2008, 01:59 AM   #21
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by abraham_love Quote
Ja - that's what I like. Here's a little tutorial I found that offers a starting point for the effect:
Adobe Photoshop Tutorial | Digital Photography | Cross Processing | Create High-Contrast Photos | Layers Magazine
Funny, in the old days, we used to do everything we could to avoid having our images come out looking like that. I think that's how it should still be done
12-22-2008, 04:00 AM   #22
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by wallyb Quote
Funny, in the old days, we used to do everything we could to avoid having our images come out looking like that. I think that's how it should still be done
In the old days, this forum was all fields and the earth was flat. How times change
12-22-2008, 06:27 AM   #23

Original Poster
i have a handful of 50mm's being 'watched' on ebay, and im going to purchase the dslr within 48 hours, a big thanks to all those who dropped suggestions

abraham - thanks for the research! looks like im not the only one who likes the effects in them photos =D

12-22-2008, 07:14 AM   #24
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by 80rpm Quote
i have a handful of 50mm's being 'watched' on ebay, and im going to purchase the dslr within 48 hours, a big thanks to all those who dropped suggestions

abraham - thanks for the research! looks like im not the only one who likes the effects in them photos =D
Look forward to seeing some photos once you are set.