Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-22-2007, 11:50 AM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Hey Firemate ... nice images ... I'm also partial to the B&W.
You do the 110 justice ...

03-22-2007, 05:44 PM   #17

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Hawki Quote
Hey Firemate ... nice images ... I'm also partial to the B&W.
You do the 110 justice ...
Thanks! The RAW is great, because I feel I'd rather do JPEG processing for the web myself, and control the settings, than potentially get colours or compression issues like in cameras of the past.

I'm still a little old school when it comes to post processing though... I don't do anything I wouldn't be doing in a dark room, really.

So, B&W shots are done with a red filter on the lens, rather than just trying to increase contrast later, and so on.

Thanks for the compliments!
03-24-2007, 01:29 PM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by FireMate Quote
Thanks! The RAW is great, because I feel I'd rather do JPEG processing for the web myself, and control the settings, than potentially get colours or compression issues like in cameras of the past.

I'm still a little old school when it comes to post processing though... I don't do anything I wouldn't be doing in a dark room, really.

So, B&W shots are done with a red filter on the lens, rather than just trying to increase contrast later, and so on.

Thanks for the compliments!
Boy, talk about a subject that opens up Pandora's box. My first impulse is to try and keep the PP to a reasonable limit ... however, lately, I've been changing my view of just what constitutes too much PP and where digital art begins.
Sure makes for one hell of a discussion ...
Anyway ... please keep the images coming ... cheers.
03-24-2007, 04:50 PM   #19
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by FireMate Quote

Speaking of this - I do the same here, except since I don't have money to buy filters to fit all my lenses, I do it in PP.

I found a great pile of filters for Photoshop (freeware for persona AND commercial use) at Cybia - Digital Resource Studio.

I use the B&W Plus filter constantly, it's much better for my purposes than PS-Elements 5.0 "convert to B&W".

-Dan M.