Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-19-2008, 09:16 AM   #1

Request improvemente to Pentax about ? button

I sent to PentaxImaging this message:

Culd be very useful if with the next firmware release of the Pentax K-M / K2000 we can configure the "?" button to AE lock or AF lock or disable AF
Thank you very much!

I have received this response in very short time from PentaxImaging

Dear Mr. xxxxx,

Thank you for contacting Pentax.

Also, thank you for your suggestions for improvements to the K-m model dslr. Product engineering and design decisions themselves come out of our parent company, Pentax Corporation, in Japan. Pentax Corporation directs how all Pentax products are developed, and any strategic alliances of a global nature are formed at that level.
I will be happy to forward your correspondence to our parent company and Pentax subsidiaries, in a report designed for concerns such as these. Pentax always appreciates hearing from the consumer public regarding the use of Pentax products, or regarding suggestions for new products or improvements in any area. We appreciate you taking your time to express your thoughts.

Did you agree with me that the improvement that i requested for is a good idea?
I'd like to have 3 buttons on the km: one for AF one for AE one for shot.
If pentax made this improvemente it will be possible to have a great flexibility on the K-m

12-19-2008, 09:25 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Even though I do not own a K-m, I give my thumb up for the idea. Always good to have the option to customize the camera!
12-19-2008, 09:31 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I've never actually seen one, but I think it could hardly hurt to add some flexibility to that model: being so tiny, I think they could have appeal to more people than just the theoretically-easily-bewildered entry-level consumer: it'd be kind of a luxury for me, but I think there's plenty of serious photo people who'd love to have an itty-bitty second body like that, the more so if it'd configure to be much like their larger ones.

And if Pentax were to make another model by puting a couple of control dials on one of those, I think they'd blow the Micro Four Thirds concept right out of the water. The compact lenses are already there.
12-19-2008, 09:48 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Good point. I had a K100D until recently, and the reason I switched to the K20D, was primarily that the old camera was too simplistic in operation - I could have lived with most other things.
A "K-m Super" or rather a "K-x" would be approved by me (especially when I win that lottery :P ).

12-19-2008, 09:50 AM   #5
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Good job on the effort to do this. It makes sense. After the owner has figured out the camera, the button should have a better use.