Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-20-2008, 11:55 AM   #31

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
I hope my little "find" will be of assistance to others down the road.

Thanks again for all of the help.

12-20-2008, 01:34 PM   #32
m8o
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Lazaruscomeout Quote
Thanx very much for the fix info; sorry for my simplistic theory.
12-20-2008, 01:35 PM   #33
Forum Member

You obviously had the quality or format settings wrong... good to hear it's solved though.
12-20-2008, 09:01 PM   #34

Original Poster
Yeah, I'd have thought that too, but I checked and double checked the quality settings and the format. I know I was shooting exclusively JPEG, and the quality setting was set to ***.

Before I did the reset, I wrote down all of my settings in every menu so that I could bring the camera back to its previous state. I restored all of my settings after the reset, so unless I missed something, I don't think it was anything that I had done.

The fact that the JPEG and RAW performance both improved leads me to think that the occasional reset could be a good idea. Maybe it flushes out the gremlins? Practically every other piece of hight tech equipment I own needs to be rebooted every now and then.

Richdog,

I just read you are from Sussex. I was born in Worthing.

Last edited by Lazaruscomeout; 12-20-2008 at 09:05 PM. Reason: Sussex comment
12-21-2008, 04:09 AM   #35

Richdog,

And I live just outside Portsmouth, I have family in Worthing and work in Sussex
12-21-2008, 08:49 AM   #36
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by RP-K20D Quote
And I live just outside Portsmouth, I have family in Worthing and work in Sussex
And I used to live in Portsmouth as a kid before moving to Bournemouth and then Spain.
12-21-2008, 09:51 AM   #37
Veteran Member

Yeah, I'd have thought that too, but I checked and double checked the quality settings and the format. I know I was shooting exclusively JPEG, and the quality setting was set to ***.

Before I did the reset, I wrote down all of my settings in every menu so that I could bring the camera back to its previous state. I restored all of my settings after the reset, so unless I missed something, I don't think it was anything that I had done.

The fact that the JPEG and RAW performance both improved leads me to think that the occasional reset could be a good idea. Maybe it flushes out the gremlins? Practically every other piece of hight tech equipment I own needs to be rebooted every now and then.

Richdog,

I suspect you had some setting that requires processing time before the JPEG can be read out to the card, for instance D-RANGE ON or something. Glad you have it fixed!
12-21-2008, 09:56 AM   #38
Inactive Account

I think that main problem is difference in JPG format.
sRGB and AdobeRGB.
First one goes 37-38 frames and second one just 15-16 frames.

F3.

Problem Solved!!!

I reset the camera to initial settings in the setup menu and I now get 40 frames on my class 6 cards and 37 frames on my class 2 card @ 14.6MP JPEG ***. I also get 16 frames in RAW, even after re-applying all of my preferred settings.

I have no idea what changed. Is it possible that a reset is like rebooting a computer?

Thank you all for your input.

12-21-2008, 10:25 AM   #39
Pentaxian

Also high iso nr could add to processing time (I believe the manul may explicitly say so?)
10-03-2009, 02:50 PM   #40
Veteran Member

I have the same problem as you and i find the problem.

After reset and i check all the posible origin of the problem i find this:

- If you have the "Fine Sharpening" active in the custom image it will drop from the 38-40 images to around 14-16 as you have and i have to.

I dont know if other have the same rate, but at this moment with fast cards i think that i take at around 3fps untill the card will be full because i dont see and ering diference from the shuter/mirror box.