Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-20-2008, 09:37 AM   #1

Shutter Speed

I have had a K100D for about a year and a 1/2. Starting about 2 weeks ago, when I take a picture the shutter stays open to long. I have not made any changes to any settings so I do not know why this is happening. I thought it might be a battery issue. I use rechargeable batteries so I put in a fresh set of non rechargeable batteries and I still have the same issue.
Does anyone have any idea's what might be causing this?
Thanks

12-20-2008, 09:49 AM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the forum.

I'm sorry to hear about your shutter problem. I suggest that you go in the CUSTOM SETTING menu, last item, and execute the "Reset Custom Fnction" item to do a reset. Then turn the camera off and back on and see if it works properly.

You might also try a different lens, or at least removing and reattaching your lens to make sure that all the contacts are properly made between lens and camera body. You might also gently wipe the contacts on both the lens base flange and camera body mount with a dry soft cloth (like a handkerchief) to make sure all are clean.

Let us know what happens.

-Joe-
12-20-2008, 10:33 AM   #3

Original Poster
I went in and reset it and it seems to be doing better. Thanks
12-20-2008, 10:38 AM   #4
krs
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I presume the exposure compensation is set appropriately (at zero, or close to it)?