Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-23-2008, 01:23 AM   #31
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Dubesor Quote
I've attached some snow photos, as promised. All shot with the K20D and SMC Takumar 50/1.4.

Some might look a little strange: these shots are straight out of the camera, with no post-processing. They are also AdobeRGB (so not really meant for the web), but I have no editing app here. The WB is not quite right on some.

But, anyway, they give you an idea of Vancouver covered in snow.
Wow, looks great to see nature at work. I’m going skiing in Canada come February, looking forward to some real winter landscape.

I also like your F30 shot

12-23-2008, 06:09 PM   #32
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by pentaxmz Quote
I have a lot of experience with medium format. The Pentax 645 was my baby, along with a set of ungodly expensive lenses. I would have to respectfully but completely disagree with you about image quality/resolution/etc when comparing any digital camera to a medium format.

Bottom line, there is simply no comparison!

Pentax has (or is going to) release a 645 digital camera (18 megapixels - are they kidding, that's all?) but even that will not likely reach the dynamic range and resolution of medium format film.

But alas, I no longer do film for practical and environmental reasons. I am happy with the trade-offs and the 14 mega pixels of the K20D... but I am not fooling myself, this is no medium format.
Good to know that since there were some overly-enthusiastic comparisons to Hasselblads going around. That pesky part of me that compels me to buy things is already saying "See, you need an MF system too!". Oy vey