Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-22-2008, 04:58 PM   #31
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by kunik Quote
Nobody WANT's to shoot beyond ISO 800 (unless you're going for a grainy look) and it probably wouldn't matter if you had 100MP at that point anyway. The point is that this camera has the best compromise/trade-off of any camera on the market now
1. excellent high ISO capability
2. superb resolution at low ISO

I'm still not sure I understand what you're asking so maybe you are totally in the dark?
Yes on old cameras but the current gen dslrs produce stunning results just google the camera and iso 800 or even 1600 then theres video such as the canon 5d mk ii taje a look ar some of the clips on my blog M..m.o.i.r.e.s just look at the scenes in revervie shot at high isos its trully amazing!

12-22-2008, 05:31 PM   #32
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by vitalsax Quote
Yes, but not unless I hada full Nikon system to use it with....
Wait... I got that... hmm...

Nah, I think the D3 will have to do for now, but a D3/D3x combo would not be unwelcome.

But the D3x with a 14-24 will make for a darn intriguing combo, if the image quality reported from those having stabbed seriously at the raw files from the D3x actually turns out to be true.

Yes I think it is worth its price, but only because one has to look at it as a full system and I am still skeptical towards it.

If you have 20-30K USD worth of Nikkor gear 8K for a D3x is still a lot cheaper than a switch. Now I am not that heavily invested in Nikon, but for the last year they have pulled some very neat (and very expensive) tricks IMHO.

Truth is, that I will likely look towards a MFDB for high resolution.

My only question is why we keep making these senseless comparisons? The D3x and K20D belongs to two different classes of cameras and yes body design and speed of operation is miles apart too.
just because you can compare them, it does not mean it makes sense to do so IMHO or make either camera more or less right for their intented makret.

Does this mean I dislike pentax, no I very much like my pentax gear and adores the new Km, but for different needs.
12-22-2008, 05:34 PM   #33
Veteran Member

I still have to wonder if the video on the 5d isn't more "gee whiz" than hardcore feature. Yes, you can have HD and interchangeable lenses but what about usability? And what about sound? For a small subset of users and niche applications (like these music videos where you aren't worried about ambient sound or even room tone) I can see the attraction of the big sensor and nice glass. But from what I've read the implementation of the video is a bit klunky, and you also have a form factor that really wasn't designed for the application.

From a marketing standpoint, and if they can get some people to crossover or covert, that is great. But frankly if I want to shoot video I'm going to use my XH-A1 (which is about the same as the 5d body) and have *real* features and real world usability. Just like I wouldn't use the XH-A1 to take "art" still images, I don't think we're at a place where a dSLR is going to replace a video camera (with exceptions noted above).
12-22-2008, 09:09 PM   #34
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
A better comparison is the k10d's CCD from that site.

But, the photography world is full of Canon reactionaries. Which is why Pentax (and everybody else) switched to CMOS anyway.