Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-11-2022, 10:16 AM - 2 Likes   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hi,

I have had Nikon cameras for about 10 years up until this year, I had a D3100 then a D7000 followed by a D800. This year I bought a K-5 and loved it, menu’s much simpler, all the controls you need to adjust on the fly where you need them. I then bought a K-1 and it beets my Nikons, so much so I bought another K-1 so I can use different lenses without changing them in the field.

10-11-2022, 10:29 AM   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Paul Brodie142 Quote
... I bought another K-1 so I can use different lenses without changing them in the field.
I do the same thing. I love my K-1 mII's!
10-11-2022, 12:57 PM   #18
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
Actually I've sold my D7200 in favor of K-1 and never looked back! The K-1's IQ is superb, somewhat comparable with the MF cameras, especially with Pixel Shift engaged. The AF... well... might be better. K-1 doesn't aligned well with time-sensitive reportage and fast-moving wildlife. I'm not saying it won't fit (it will), I mean there are cameras that would outperform K-1 in AF speed/accuracy. Yet it's still an outstanding camera for landscape and studio work. It also goes down to proper settings, e.g. various AF modes differ in accuracy noticeably. Basically, having set it properly, I don't have any issues with AF most of the time. I didn't try K-3 III yet, but it's said to have AF significantly improved.