Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-26-2008, 04:11 AM   #16
Forum Member

Original Poster
Ok guys well I took my K20D back to Park Cameras and told them I thought I had an AF issue and the guy swapped the body straight away without any hesitation or grumbling... amazing service.

The new K20D is to my noticeably better... AF locks on fast and is tack sharp almost every shot where I don't fluff something up.

I'll post some shots in a bit, it produced fantastic results this christmas even with the bog-standard kit lens, and the detail this sensor records is astounding.

12-26-2008, 04:34 AM   #17
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Richdog Quote
Ok guys well I took my K20D back to Park Cameras and told them I thought I had an AF issue and the guy swapped the body straight away without any hesitation or grumbling... amazing service.
Amazing service indeed. Thumbs up for Park Cameras...bet you'll be going back there.
12-26-2008, 04:36 AM   #18
Forum Member

Original Poster
They have my business for the forseeable future, and they're just down the road from me too.

Last edited by Richdog; 12-26-2008 at 04:47 AM.
12-27-2008, 04:30 AM   #19
Forum Member

Original Poster
Ok here's a few completely unedited shots besides the obvious re-sizing to fit the forum...

Taken with the Mk I kit lens...

Taken with the DA 55-300mm

It's hard to appreciate the the last harbour shot without seeing the original, but the detail is really exquisite, and really shows what the sensor on the K20D is capable of. With some cropping and touching up in PS, i'm going to have some great photos from this christmas.

12-27-2008, 05:46 AM   #20
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Looks good Richdog
I wish I had a decent camera store nearby. When I took my k20d out the first time I tried live view after a couple of shots and saw a big black spot on the rear screen. I went home thinking the worst but it came off with the rocket blower.
12-27-2008, 06:38 AM   #21
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Ratmagiclady Quote
One thing that might help is to crank the in-camera sharpening, if you're trying to compare things by the screen in Jpegs: my initial experience was that I thought I had focus errors, too, till I did that: then I remembered they said in DPreview that the default sharpening on the K20 was pretty soft, on the presumption typical users would be doing their own post all the time.
That was exactly my experience. My K20D wasn't even as sharp as my *ist DL until I cranked up the sharpening in the camera. Now there is no comparison. It had nothing to do with focus issues.