Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-12-2022, 12:59 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery | Albums
KAF2 bayonet: Damaged or OK???

Hi🙂

I am into buying a used KP and the photos show the autofocus shaft to be under the metal ring of the bayonet. In all Ricoh Pentax photos the shaft is extending above.

Is the autofocus damaged ? Don’t wanna buy a broken KP. Thanks !

Last edited by Athanassios; 12-19-2022 at 10:33 AM.
11-12-2022, 01:05 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

The shaft is retracted whenever the camera is set to manual focus, so you're probably OK. I would check with the seller to make sure the camera has been tested and that they can confirm the focusing works correctly.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
11-12-2022, 03:40 AM   #3
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Athanassios Quote
Hi🙂

I am into buying a used KP and the photos show the autofocus shaft to be under the metal ring of the bayonet. In all Ricoh Pentax photos the shaft is extending above.

Is the autofocus damaged ? Don’t wanna buy a broken KP. Thanks !
It is as it should be. I compared the picture with my KP and it looks alright. Nevertheless, Adam's suggestion is a valuable one, ask the seller just to be covered if anything is amiss, you can not tell that from a picture, can't you?
11-13-2022, 12:27 PM   #4

Original Poster
Thanks both for the advice. The seller swears the body works perfectly (especially its guts) so I bought it eBay protected for any surprise beyond the description.