Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
4 Days Ago   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
K10/20D Forum

Howdy all, just curious why these two cameras don't have their own specific forum like the other models do? On that note then perhaps the *ist series should as well?

3 Days Ago   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Why don't you start one?
3 Days Ago   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
The *istD series are well covered in the Six-Megapixel Club https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/6-pentax-dslr-discussion/347661-six-megapixel-club.html … as for the K10D, the CCD Sensor Cult https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/6-pentax-dslr-discussion/409881-ccd-sens...mean-club.html has that one covered, as does the K10D Club https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/6-pentax-dslr-discussion/242738-k10d-club.html , which leaves the K20D.
I don't have one so haven't looked into them, can only imagine they're not that popular/common

Last edited by kypfer; 3 Days Ago at 10:42 AM. Reason: update
3 Days Ago   #4
Pentaxian

It might not be that much traffic in a specific forum for these cameras.
You would most likely get more responses if discussing these old camera in the general DSLR forum.

Is there a specific reason you want a forum now like 15 years after the release?
I think the main reason for creating camera specific forum is that when cameras are new they generate a lot new discussions.

3 Days Ago   #5
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Rush2112 Quote
Howdy all, just curious why these two cameras don't have their own specific forum like the other models do? On that note then perhaps the *ist series should as well?
Do not forget to include the Samsung GX-10 and GX-20 as well...
3 Days Ago   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I'm not sure I have the answers gentlemen, I was just asking the question. When I look at the DSLR specific forum, I see many other cameras but not the K10D or K20D (or others) so it made me curious why they didn't have their own forum too.
3 Days Ago   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

K20 is a "highly capable" camera. Lack of in-board CA correction and sensor too blue.

2 Days Ago - 1 Like   #8
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Rush2112 Quote
We didn't start camera-specific forums until well into the K-5 era, which is why you don't see dedicated sections for the older models. This very forum is the perfect place to discuss the K10D, though!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

1 Day Ago   #9

Photos: Gallery | Albums
There's a K20D user group you could join. It's ready for resuscitation by an enthusiastic user
1 Day Ago   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I've recently bought this K20 with 24-70 f4 FA, sigma 105-2.8 DG Macro and battery grip for just 100. I bought it mainly to re-program the AF on the 16-50 2.8 and (maybe) have some fun with it. It's not a bad camera but nobody wants these "old" DSLR's anymore.
Attached Images

1 Day Ago   #11
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by thatcameraguy Quote
I've recently bought this K20 with 24-70 f4 FA, sigma 105-2.8 DG Macro and battery grip for just 100. I bought it mainly to re-program the AF on the 16-50 2.8 and (maybe) have some fun with it. It's not a bad camera but nobody wants these "old" DSLR's anymore.
Almost worth it just for the lenses!
Pity the camera (and grip) uses the D-Li50 battery not so easy to find these days.
Enjoy