Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-25-2008, 08:15 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Anyone got GX-10 firmware v1.10?

Hey there everyone... Every since getting my FA 50mm 1.4 lens I have seen an annoyingly large number of my images coming out OOF. With the kit zoom the DOF was never really enough to show how off it seemed to be, at least not to my untrained eye. Well I am getting better now.

I have been looking into backfocus issues with the GX-10 recently and so far everything I have found would not work for me. The russian software is for a Windows PC and I use an older Mac. So I don't have Windows, and I don't have Boot Camp. So what I see now is that the only way to deal with this BF issue is to downgrade to 1.10 to get into the debug menu. However when I bought the camera 14 months ago, it was loaded with v1.0 and I went straight to 1.30 shortly after.

Anyone have the GX-10 1.10. firmware out there?

Thanks in advance...

12-29-2008, 08:13 AM   #2

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
OK, any other suggestions?

OK, so nobody has the 1.10 firmware. Does anyone else have any suggestions for an old Mac user like me to fix a backfocus problem on my own without sending the camera in for warranty work?
12-30-2008, 10:37 AM   #3

Installing 1.10 firmware won't help. You can enter debug mode, but there is NO af adjustment there (unlike k10d). There a 3 ways of af adjustment for gx10:
1. If you disassemble the camera, there is 3 screws below af module. You can adjust af by turning them (for a same angle) - see service manual for the exact procedure. I don't recommend this method, because it won't be good for weather sealing.
2. Using of samsung gx10 service software. I have it, but i can't manage to make it working - it just crashes. This software is for windows only.
3. Penta-club.ru adjustment software. It's the best way, but it won't work on mac os.
I think you should simply try to find a pc with windows.
03-06-2010, 09:36 AM   #4

Enable Debug mode with a text file

It is possible to enable the debug mode (and thus the AF adjust) using just a text file. I also have the GX-10 and have written a short sum-up on my homepage. Read it if you are still interested

03-15-2010, 06:58 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Never mind...
03-16-2010, 03:37 PM   #6

Debug mode IS on the GX-10

QuoteOriginally posted by mut@NT Quote
Installing 1.10 firmware won't help. You can enter debug mode, but there is NO af adjustment there (unlike k10d).
This is so old mut@nt probably won't notice, but his(?) info is incorrect. You can enable the DEBUG MODE on the GX-10 just like the K10D and you DO get AF adjustment in the menu. Nema problema - I have used it lots of times.