Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-23-2023, 09:27 AM   #1

settings

Hello Pentax funs !
How useful is it to use the settings : Highlight - shadow correction, Clarity, Skin tone on my camera?

01-23-2023, 11:04 AM   #2
GUB
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by nikos883 Quote
Hello Pentax funs !
How useful is it to use the settings : Highlight - shadow correction, Clarity, Skin tone on my camera?
If you are saving to raw they are pointless.
If you are choosing to do the basic edit of an image in-camera and saving as jpeg then they are an important part of your editing tools.

PS welcome to the forums!
01-23-2023, 11:41 PM   #3

Original Poster
Thanks.
01-24-2023, 04:34 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

on my camera?
I would be interested to know which camera you are using.

If you are shooting JPEG images right out of the camera instead of doing post editing of RAW files, as sated by GUB, these settings and more can be very useful. I have experimented with both, and most often I use images right out of the camera. Based on my own experience, as well as recommendations having appeared from lab test reviews, I have come to use some settings as standard, with some variations depending on the camera model. For example, if you are shooting with the K200D, its sharpening level is set very high as its "normal" so with mine (which I no longer use) I left that alone and just implemented "Fine Sharpening" which, according to some lab reports, negates the undesirable side effects of its "normal" sharpening. However, this condition is the opposite in the case of other Pentax models, in particular those being classed as a "Flagship" model. So depending on the model you are using, I might be able to make certain recommendations for your base settings, then you could go from there to make changes as needed.

01-24-2023, 10:47 PM   #5

Original Poster
Hi
The camera I use is the new KF.
Thanks
01-25-2023, 01:02 AM   #6
GUB
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hi