Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
03-13-2023, 05:18 PM   #1
Forum Member

Cannot update: menu+turn on do not work

I have a K1II that I am trying to update to 2.2. I saved files on a card and inserted it in camera. Then turned it on while pressing the menu button. The regular screen of camera ready to shoot shows up. What am I doing wrong?

Last edited by Sevilla; 03-13-2023 at 05:31 PM. Reason: improving title
03-13-2023, 05:35 PM - 1 Like   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Usually this means that the correct firmware file isn't where it needs to be. Did you extract the .bin file and place it in the root of the SD, ensuring that it did not get renamed and that there were no other bin files on the card?

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
03-13-2023, 05:48 PM - 2 Likes   #3
Forum Member

Original Poster
Thank you. I was finally able to update it. I was saving on the card both downloaded files in their folder and when I saved only the .bin file it worked. Thank you.