Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-01-2009, 06:38 AM   #1

Pentax K10 battery cover

Hello, this is my first post and I hope I got it in the right place.

I have a Pentax K10 with a broken battery cover. Any way to fix/buy it from somewhere?

Photo. A very bad one, but you should still see what's broken.

01-01-2009, 06:46 AM   #2
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Ouch! Yep, it sure is broken!

Replacement probably requires removal of the camera's bottom plate. Because of the dust/moisture sealing, this is not a repair you want to attempt yourself. Pentax service is probably your best bet.

Steve

BTW...Welcome to the forum!
01-01-2009, 06:52 AM   #3
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

The battery cover is part of the entire base plate which you'll have to have replaced. I agree with Steve, send it in for repair.

Tough way to welcome you to the forum!
01-01-2009, 10:31 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
And you definitely don't want to mess with the camera or take somewhere to make unauthorized repairs if it's still under warranty.

01-02-2009, 10:25 AM   #5
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Provided the flap bit still folds flat to the base and the camera still works, just buy a Pentax grip for the K10D, it will conceal and protect all in one, (it's probably as cheap as the repair will be and you get more useful kit).
01-02-2009, 11:47 AM   #6
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Peter Zack Quote
The battery cover is part of the entire base plate which you'll have to have replaced. I agree with Steve, send it in for repair.
No, the battery cover is separate from the base plate.
I would send it in for repair; in fact, I did it for a very small crack in the base plate (he he ). But first ask how much it would cost, as this should not stop the camera from working.
01-02-2009, 12:07 PM   #7
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Yes I guess that's correct. I didn't look at the picture closely enough to realize the door itself broke and not the hinge. The door itself is a separate part and if that's all that's broken, then you should be able to replace the door. But if the little hinge is broken, that's part of the baseplate and you'll have to replace the whole part.

The idea of a grip is great. Looks like the door will close enough to allow mounting of the grip. But I suspect the weatherseals won't keep keep things clean and dry there any more. But it would at least still work and save some repair money.