Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-01-2009, 06:05 PM   #1
Site Supporter

Two bodies, two lenses- which for which?

A buddy of mine has asked me if I'd be available to do a wedding for someone with a limited budget; this would be my first paid wedding. Now, I have not told him whether I'd do it or not. At this point, having been sufficiently warned of the perils, and not really to get into THAT discussion, I have a question about gear.
I now have both a K10D and K20D, plus an assortment of lenses, and two Pentax 540 flashes. I would use the DA*16-50 on one body, and the DA*50-135 on the other body. The question is: which lens on which body, and why?
From what I've read many would choose the 16-50 for the majority of the shots (based on a hypothetical posed in an earlier thread). I'm inclined to team that one with the K20D. (Oh, and then there's the "which one do I put the BG-2 grip on? question! ) Please let me know your opinions. Thanks!

Paul

01-01-2009, 06:35 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
My guess is that the 16-50 best goes on the K20D because you take your wide angle shots with it and the K20D has more resolution and you have lots of detail in your wide angle shots. You will use the 50-135 for close ups and K10D would be fine with it. I would put the grip on whichever body you put the 50-135 on it. You can take portraits with portrait orientation.
01-01-2009, 06:45 PM   #3
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Makes sense. Yea I was thinking the grip should go with the 50-135, if for no other reason better balance with the bigger lens. Although I do agree with other posters' observations about the difficulty in accessing the AF button in portrait orientation (if decoupling shutter half-press from AF).
01-02-2009, 10:20 AM   #4
Moderator PEG Judges

Photos: Gallery
If you decide to go with the shoot, good luck on the day.