Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-19-2007, 10:29 AM   #16

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Good news.... after getting realled POed with Pentax after the guy said "ohhhh ummmm.... I don't think I can do anything else" three times and hanging up on him (I never gave my name) I called B&H back pretty upset and asked for a manager. I spoke to a man for a few and he put me on hold for a long time, when he came back he said "Persistance Pays Off, I'm sending you a return auth. now" so they are taking it back and sending me a new one! Yay!

03-19-2007, 10:51 AM   #17
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Dragoness Quote
Good news.... after getting realled POed with Pentax after the guy said "ohhhh ummmm.... I don't think I can do anything else" three times and hanging up on him (I never gave my name) I called B&H back pretty upset and asked for a manager. I spoke to a man for a few and he put me on hold for a long time, when he came back he said "Persistance Pays Off, I'm sending you a return auth. now" so they are taking it back and sending me a new one! Yay!
Yay and hooray! B&H is known for their good customer relations, at least in the web world. Glad everything worked out OK for you.

NaCl(it's too bad the brick and mortar people can't be as accomadating)H2O
03-19-2007, 11:18 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Glad to see that the problem you are having is being resolved. Wishing you will have a better experience with your replacement camera.
03-19-2007, 04:31 PM   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

B&H is telling me they wont take it back because I sent the rebate in! I am waiting for a supervisior now, I am pissed!!!! I will NOT wait over a month for my brand new camera!
I just ordered a K110D from B&H, a vendor my wife and I have used for a long time. Thanks to the above issue (eventually solved) I will hold the $50 rebate form for awhile to get past the early failure period. My K100D and Fuji S5200 came from B&H and both work great.

I got a defective telescope focal reducer from B&H (Meade produced 100s of miss-assembled ones) and B&H nicely swapped it for a different brand, even refunded me the $10 price difference.

I'm glad to hear B&H relented and will send you a new camera. On our trip to NYC next week we may stop in and see the Brick and Mortar store. Now I won't have to beat them up for you.

03-19-2007, 07:39 PM   #20
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

resetting the counter

Who says resetting the counter is fraud? If pentax didn't want you to be able to reset it they would not put the option in the menu. If person A decides to have their camera restart at 0 every time they format the card, they won't know how many total shots they took without looking in the secret service menu. Person B decides to let it keep counting and gets penalized for it? You are saying A would be fine and B would be a fraud. It is nothing like resetting a car odometer. Cars don' provide a way to do that. Cars do have a trip odomer. It is actually a dumb way for a store to handle its returns. Have never seen Pentax put this stipulation on any one. Technically the fraud is the vendor who is gonna sell the the under 200 shot camera as new!
thanks
barondla
03-19-2007, 09:29 PM   #21

Original Poster
Well for the record I reset the camera (hoping it would reset the flash) and it didn't work and the shutter count is the same. I have to agree, if the consumer has the ability to reset the shutter how can it be fraud? But I don't know how nor did I try, 50 shots or 500 shots, the flash should not have gone bad.
03-20-2007, 10:44 AM   #22

Glad to hear everything got sorted out.

I'm curious if you can buy an extended warranty from Pentax? I think one year just isn't enough for the brand-new models.

Nice screename btw.
03-20-2007, 12:01 PM   #23

Original Poster
GREAT NAME!!!
lol

I don't know about the warranty though, i might look into it.

how did you get your name anyway? mine is tribute to my late ex-finacee who left this world 7 years ago on the 23rd of this month. He had a dragon tattoo i chose for him, when he died i got the same tatt and my obsession with dragons started

pardon my typing, my youngest boy is in my lap helping me, hes 6 months

03-20-2007, 02:03 PM   #24
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

for Dragoness

Dragoness, I think you reset the camera functions. That is not the same as resetting the counter. Go into setup menu and scroll down to file #. Move right 4 way controller button. This gives choice of serial or reset. Select reset. Now format the card (after down loading all pics). The camera counter will automatically start at 0. Go back into menu and change back to serial. Like a new camera again!
You are right a camera flash shouldn't die after a few shots. It happens sometimes. On my DS I was able to keep shooting by going to a mode besides autopic and in custom function telling camera to shoot without flash being charged. Used the camera for months this way. Was a little easier to do since the DS would work with my Pentax ttl flash . Enjoy the new new camera.
thanks
barondla
03-20-2007, 02:49 PM   #25

Original Poster
My house is so dark I NEED flash in here to take pictures, its a cabin with panel walls. I can't wait for my new camera to arrive... this one better work!
03-21-2007, 12:24 PM   #26

GREAT NAME!!!
lol

I don't know about the warranty though, i might look into it.

how did you get your name anyway? mine is tribute to my late ex-finacee who left this world 7 years ago on the 23rd of this month. He had a dragon tattoo i chose for him, when he died i got the same tatt and my obsession with dragons started

pardon my typing, my youngest boy is in my lap helping me, hes 6 months
Ah i see. Mine doesn't have any deep poignancy like yours, it's just a screename i chose for yahoo many many years ago and i use it for just about every forum i'm on (i'm SkyTigress on a Nissan forum). But i've loved dragons since i was a little kid. So it worked (that and no one else has it, lol)
03-21-2007, 12:56 PM   #27

Original Poster
Ahhh thats cool, always nice to meet another Dragon (Dragoness)