Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-02-2009, 10:29 AM   #1
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Old school case for dSLR?

I would sure like to find a camera case for the K200D. Just like I had on the ME-Super. The kind of leather case (doesn't have to be leather) that fits the camera, snaps open for use, close again for protection while hiking or whatever.

Does such a thing exist? Or do I need to befriend a seamstress or saddlemaker?

01-02-2009, 11:03 AM   #2
WJW
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Sodbuster Quote
I would sure like to find a camera case for the K200D. Just like I had on the ME-Super. The kind of leather case (doesn't have to be leather) that fits the camera, snaps open for use, close again for protection while hiking or whatever.

I don't think any camera companies make the old neverready style cases. I do know that Op/Tech has something similar in a neoprene material. You might check their website.
01-02-2009, 01:50 PM   #3
Veteran Member

There are a few of these kicking around. This one is made by Canon called the Canon EH19-L Semi-Hard Case for the EOS Rebel XSi. Should be able to find them in your local specialty camera shop.

What do you think? Also posted a second one from Nikon.
Attached Images

01-02-2009, 02:19 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The new digital SLR's have so many buttons and dials all over the camera body I really don't think the "old style" case would work. The ones I remember stayed on the camera body and the front dropped down to uncover the lens so you could leave it on all the time as long as the lens was short enough. I bought a Miranda which came with that style case and it was a hassle to use and I soon replaced it with a camera bag.

01-02-2009, 04:06 PM   #5
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by reeftool Quote
The new digital SLR's have so many buttons and dials all over the camera body I really don't think the "old style" case would work. The ones I remember stayed on the camera body and the front dropped down to uncover the lens so you could leave it on all the time as long as the lens was short enough. I bought a Miranda which came with that style case and it was a hassle to use and I soon replaced it with a camera bag.
. . . and add holes for the mem card and battery access, and there's very little area left to cover. When I first got my DS, I had originally thought I wanted an everready case, but after realkly looking to see how impractical it would actually be, never looked back.

Scott
01-20-2009, 11:19 PM   #6
Inactive Account

Original Poster
It finally came. Interesting. I suspect that a new design would require dropping off front and back and being held on at the tripod socket, rotating to free the battery compartment.

But rain and dust - weather proofing is nice, but more is better.
01-20-2009, 11:31 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Not really old school (I remember those!) but this is specifically for the K10D/K20D (surprise, surprise) and it is called camera armor: https://www.vistek.ca/store/ProPhotoBagsCases/239266/camera-armor-pentax-k10...mor-black.aspx
01-21-2009, 12:45 AM   #8
Forum Member

The cameras companies called 'Ever ready cases'

We used to call the 'Never ready cases'

Cheers from OZ

Still (im)patiently waiting for the 60 - 250 due in September/October which year??

01-21-2009, 12:50 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Look for the Pentax O-CC55 for the K20D/K10D

Pentax O-CC55 - Google Image Search

Look for the Pentax O-CC74 for the K200D

Pentax O-CC55 - Google Image Search
01-21-2009, 08:20 AM   #10
Veteran Member

Google OP/TECH USA. They make camera cases from neoprene, similar to old "neverready" cases.
I use one for years, fits istD with 50mm or 77 mm lim like a glove. Will also fit K10/20D with 50mm lens or small limited lens.
They do bigger cases too. I bought mine from B&H.
02-18-2009, 04:23 PM   #11

There may be an alternative to that - it can also be percieved as compromise solution.

I myself prefer something like Lowepro Topload Zoom or Kata DH series for carrying the camera without other accessories - it is well protected and easily accessible when needed.

I'll take a bigger bag instead if I have more gear to take along.
02-18-2009, 06:21 PM   #12
graphicgr8s

I had a couple of cameras with those cases that I hated. I love the holsters I have now though. And it's Pentax branded. About $15 on line
02-18-2009, 06:34 PM   #13
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by graphicgr8s Quote
I had a couple of cameras with those cases that I hated. I love the holsters I have now though. And it's Pentax branded. About $15 on line
What model is that?

Steve
02-18-2009, 06:42 PM   #14
graphicgr8s

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
What model is that?

Steve
Try googling pentax camera holster. I saw them a while ago on fleabay for like 15-22 bucks.

http://shopping.yahoo.com/p:Pentax%2085100%20Camera%20Holster%20Bag:1991746980