Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-03-2009, 10:45 AM   #1

Lens setting and a K200D

I received a new K200D for Christmas. I have a Sigma 100-300mm zoom lens as well as a Pentax 100mm Macro Lens. When I try to take photos with either of those lenses, there is a flashing "F" and nothing happens when I press on the shutter button. There must be a setting to set in the camera and I forgot which one. Could someone point me in the right direction please? Thanks

*** Update ***

Disregard I figured it out. I needed to set the Aperture ring to Permitted.

Last edited by dannybou; 01-03-2009 at 11:15 AM.
01-03-2009, 04:48 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by dannybou Quote
Disregard I figured it out. I needed to set the Aperture ring to Permitted.
You only need to do that if your lenses don't have an "A" position on the ring. Otherwise, just leave the aperture ring set on "A" - the camera is *much* happier working that way than having you use the aperture ring. but it doens't hurt to leave that setting on in any case - you don't need to change in when switching between "A" lenses and non-"A" lenses.
01-03-2009, 05:14 PM   #3

Original Poster
Thanks for pointing that out. Until now I had no ideas that the rings had an A and that I needed to press a button to put it on the A. It is done and have turned off the Aperture ring setting. Thanks very much for the tip.