Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-05-2009, 08:20 AM   #31
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by leikey1982 Quote
Hi, yes, i pay a lot on the lenses, I used a k100d before and collected lenses for the camera, but what can I do? I do not know how much it is worth now. Maybe I will lost all the money I paid for this camera.

950NOK is only about one way freight, the service station said, return, the price is doubled, it means 200 EURO only for freight, how it can be!!!
Leikey, you do have an impressive set of lenses collected. I'd do my best to find some kind of repair or work around. The only real danger in using the camera in its present condition is that the mirror might somehow become dislodged and damaged further. If you are reasonably certain the mirror is stable in its frame then considering the money you would lose by selling I'd suggest you just use the thing and rotate your images later. Maybe the best question is how much you like the camera.

As for the issue of not noticing the metering setting I will say the menu system on my K200D is a full generation behind that on my D40x. It's not the amount of information presented in the screen but rather how it's presented. No complaint from me - as long as my K200D has the Green Button it could have a manual shutter winder for all I care.

01-05-2009, 08:20 AM   #32

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Marc Langille Quote
He's referring to someone else... not you.
OK, that is fine, even he is referring me, I am not a very rigid man, even I do not have much money to spend on dslr and lenses as a student, but I like Pentax, the problem is I do not have more money to buy a new one after I bought this K10D only 1 month ago. How much do you think I can ask to sell it on ebay? I am not quite good at it.
01-05-2009, 08:32 AM   #33
Loyal Site Supporter

How much do you think I can ask to sell it on ebay? I am not quite good at it.
Probably the fair market value, less the cost of repairs, less the cost of shipping. Seriously, your repair numbers just don't add up. 200 Euros to ship a small box to Pentax Norway from within Norway?
Do any of your shipping companies actually stay in business charging like that?
Don't you have a post office?
01-05-2009, 08:36 AM   #34

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Wheatfield Quote
Probably the fair market value, less the cost of repairs, less the cost of shipping. Seriously, your repair numbers just don't add up. 200 Euros to ship a small box to Pentax Norway from within Norway?
Do any of your shipping companies actually stay in business charging like that?
Don't you have a post office?

Yes, only the shipping and handling fee, not the repairing fee, the freight is expensive, they use DHL, one way 99 EURO. Maybe Pentax will fix it for free, he said, but I have to pay for the freight. They have to send it to Germany, it is not in Norway, only a small service office in Norway, they can not fix it.

01-05-2009, 03:38 PM   #35
Veteran Member

Yes, only the shipping and handling fee, not the repairing fee, the freight is expensive, they use DHL, one way 99 EURO. Maybe Pentax will fix it for free, he said, but I have to pay for the freight. They have to send it to Germany, it is not in Norway, only a small service office in Norway, they can not fix it.

I don't understand how a 40lb box cost me $55 to ship from chicago to poland by air a week before christmas, with christmas delivery guarantee. Or even a "bloke" sent me a package from the UK about a week ago, about the size om my k100d kit box, and it cost only $18. So you're either full of **** or norway really sucks...
01-06-2009, 02:07 AM   #36
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Really? I do not think I bought my K100D too much later than your first Pentax dslr.
I wasn't referring to you. Sorry for any misunderstanding caused by my failure to post more clearly.
01-06-2009, 04:14 AM   #37
Veteran Member

It's a (well) known problem.

RiceHigh's Pentax Blog: Pentax Admits The "Tilted Viewfinder" Problem, Finally.

01-06-2009, 05:36 AM   #38
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Hi, yes, i pay a lot on the lenses, I used a k100d before and collected lenses for the camera, but what can I do? I do not know how much it is worth now. Maybe I will lost all the money I paid for this camera.

950NOK is only about one way freight, the service station said, return, the price is doubled, it means 200 EURO only for freight, how it can be!!!
Ask your Norwegian post office, how that can be. I guess Pentax Does no repairs in Norway at all, but sends the camera somewhere else? As far as I can see, Pentax has only an official importer for Norway, no own representative office.

You could send the camera directly to Pentax Europe in Germany (Hamburg). The Norwegian post would then cost you about NOK 640 (max. - may be even less, depending on the weight) for the return package and the repair costs in Hamburg are quite reasonable.

For Norwegian postage look here: Prisliste CarryOn Cash 2008 NO - PNL

for Pentax Europe service look here: Reparatur - PENTAX Europe GmbH

I would send an email in advance to clarify details and cost: fotoservice@pentax.de

Ben
01-06-2009, 05:48 AM   #39

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Ben_Edict Quote
Ask your Norwegian post office, how that can be. I guess Pentax Does no repairs in Norway at all, but sends the camera somewhere else? As far as I can see, Pentax has only an official importer for Norway, no own representative office.

You could send the camera directly to Pentax Europe in Germany (Hamburg). The Norwegian post would then cost you about NOK 640 (max. - may be even less, depending on the weight) for the return package and the repair costs in Hamburg are quite reasonable.

For Norwegian postage look here: Prisliste CarryOn Cash 2008 NO - PNL

for Pentax Europe service look here: Reparatur - PENTAX Europe GmbH

I would send an email in advance to clarify details and cost: fotoservice@pentax.de

Ben
You are a kind man, my friend, I have sent email to PENTAX Deutchland. Hope to get a good result.
01-06-2009, 06:19 AM   #40
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
You are a kind man, my friend, I have sent email to PENTAX Deutchland. Hope to get a good result.
Thanks for the friendly words. I just to happen to have very good experiences with the Pentax service in Hamburg over many years now. And I know the cost of living in Norway... So I hope, you'll find a sensible solution, because I think the K10 is worth the repair effort. It is a good camera, though the viewfinder (or mirror) misalignement is a problem, that affected quite a view of these. My own K10 has a mild disalignement too - but so far it did not bother me enough to send it for repair.

Ben