Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-05-2009, 08:20 AM   #31
Veteran Member




Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Western Missouri
Posts: 429
QuoteOriginally posted by leikey1982 Quote
Hi, yes, i pay a lot on the lenses, I used a k100d before and collected lenses for the camera, but what can I do? I do not know how much it is worth now. Maybe I will lost all the money I paid for this camera.

950NOK is only about one way freight, the service station said, return, the price is doubled, it means 200 EURO only for freight, how it can be!!!
Leikey, you do have an impressive set of lenses collected. I'd do my best to find some kind of repair or work around. The only real danger in using the camera in its present condition is that the mirror might somehow become dislodged and damaged further. If you are reasonably certain the mirror is stable in its frame then considering the money you would lose by selling I'd suggest you just use the thing and rotate your images later. Maybe the best question is how much you like the camera.

As for the issue of not noticing the metering setting I will say the menu system on my K200D is a full generation behind that on my D40x. It's not the amount of information presented in the screen but rather how it's presented. No complaint from me - as long as my K200D has the Green Button it could have a manual shutter winder for all I care.

01-05-2009, 08:20 AM   #32
Senior Member




Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Trondheim, Norway
Posts: 149
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Marc Langille Quote
He's referring to someone else... not you.
OK, that is fine, even he is referring me, I am not a very rigid man, even I do not have much money to spend on dslr and lenses as a student, but I like Pentax, the problem is I do not have more money to buy a new one after I bought this K10D only 1 month ago. How much do you think I can ask to sell it on ebay? I am not quite good at it.
01-05-2009, 08:32 AM   #33
Pentaxian
Wheatfield's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: The wheatfields of Canada
Posts: 10,058
QuoteOriginally posted by leikey1982 Quote
How much do you think I can ask to sell it on ebay? I am not quite good at it.
Probably the fair market value, less the cost of repairs, less the cost of shipping. Seriously, your repair numbers just don't add up. 200 Euros to ship a small box to Pentax Norway from within Norway?
Do any of your shipping companies actually stay in business charging like that?
Don't you have a post office?
01-05-2009, 08:36 AM   #34
Senior Member




Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Trondheim, Norway
Posts: 149
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Wheatfield Quote
Probably the fair market value, less the cost of repairs, less the cost of shipping. Seriously, your repair numbers just don't add up. 200 Euros to ship a small box to Pentax Norway from within Norway?
Do any of your shipping companies actually stay in business charging like that?
Don't you have a post office?

Yes, only the shipping and handling fee, not the repairing fee, the freight is expensive, they use DHL, one way 99 EURO. Maybe Pentax will fix it for free, he said, but I have to pay for the freight. They have to send it to Germany, it is not in Norway, only a small service office in Norway, they can not fix it.

01-05-2009, 03:38 PM   #35
Veteran Member




Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: carpentersville, IL
Posts: 693
QuoteOriginally posted by leikey1982 Quote
Yes, only the shipping and handling fee, not the repairing fee, the freight is expensive, they use DHL, one way 99 EURO. Maybe Pentax will fix it for free, he said, but I have to pay for the freight. They have to send it to Germany, it is not in Norway, only a small service office in Norway, they can not fix it.

I don't understand how a 40lb box cost me $55 to ship from chicago to poland by air a week before christmas, with christmas delivery guarantee. Or even a "bloke" sent me a package from the UK about a week ago, about the size om my k100d kit box, and it cost only $18. So you're either full of **** or norway really sucks...
01-06-2009, 02:07 AM   #36
Veteran Member
Mike Cash's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Japan
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 6,952
QuoteOriginally posted by leikey1982 Quote
Really? I do not think I bought my K100D too much later than your first Pentax dslr.
I wasn't referring to you. Sorry for any misunderstanding caused by my failure to post more clearly.
01-06-2009, 04:14 AM   #37
Veteran Member




Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 1,934
It's a (well) known problem.

RiceHigh's Pentax Blog: Pentax Admits The "Tilted Viewfinder" Problem, Finally.
01-06-2009, 05:36 AM   #38
Veteran Member
Ben_Edict's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: SouthWest "Regio"
Photos: Albums
Posts: 3,303
QuoteOriginally posted by leikey1982 Quote
Hi, yes, i pay a lot on the lenses, I used a k100d before and collected lenses for the camera, but what can I do? I do not know how much it is worth now. Maybe I will lost all the money I paid for this camera.

950NOK is only about one way freight, the service station said, return, the price is doubled, it means 200 EURO only for freight, how it can be!!!
Ask your Norwegian post office, how that can be. I guess Pentax Does no repairs in Norway at all, but sends the camera somewhere else? As far as I can see, Pentax has only an official importer for Norway, no own representative office.

You could send the camera directly to Pentax Europe in Germany (Hamburg). The Norwegian post would then cost you about NOK 640 (max. - may be even less, depending on the weight) for the return package and the repair costs in Hamburg are quite reasonable.

For Norwegian postage look here: Prisliste CarryOn Cash 2008 NO - PNL

for Pentax Europe service look here: Reparatur - PENTAX Europe GmbH

I would send an email in advance to clarify details and cost: fotoservice@pentax.de

Ben

01-06-2009, 05:48 AM   #39
Senior Member




Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Trondheim, Norway
Posts: 149
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Ben_Edict Quote
Ask your Norwegian post office, how that can be. I guess Pentax Does no repairs in Norway at all, but sends the camera somewhere else? As far as I can see, Pentax has only an official importer for Norway, no own representative office.

You could send the camera directly to Pentax Europe in Germany (Hamburg). The Norwegian post would then cost you about NOK 640 (max. - may be even less, depending on the weight) for the return package and the repair costs in Hamburg are quite reasonable.

For Norwegian postage look here: Prisliste CarryOn Cash 2008 NO - PNL

for Pentax Europe service look here: Reparatur - PENTAX Europe GmbH

I would send an email in advance to clarify details and cost: fotoservice@pentax.de

Ben
You are a kind man, my friend, I have sent email to PENTAX Deutchland. Hope to get a good result.
01-06-2009, 06:19 AM   #40
Veteran Member
Ben_Edict's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: SouthWest "Regio"
Photos: Albums
Posts: 3,303
QuoteOriginally posted by leikey1982 Quote
You are a kind man, my friend, I have sent email to PENTAX Deutchland. Hope to get a good result.
Thanks for the friendly words. I just to happen to have very good experiences with the Pentax service in Hamburg over many years now. And I know the cost of living in Norway... So I hope, you'll find a sensible solution, because I think the K10 is worth the repair effort. It is a good camera, though the viewfinder (or mirror) misalignement is a problem, that affected quite a view of these. My own K10 has a mild disalignement too - but so far it did not bother me enough to send it for repair.

Ben
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, dslr, frame, hold, mirror, photography, pics, pictures
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
HOT DEAL B&M Ritz Camera/Proex MN MrApollinax General Talk 2 05-01-2009 12:33 PM
K10D Good deal??? Captquin Pentax DSLR Discussion 7 10-31-2008 04:08 PM
Great camera bag deal SpecialK Pentax Camera and Field Accessories 5 06-23-2008 07:00 PM
K10D shoppers... Who has found the best deal recently (12/12/07) loudbay Pentax DSLR Discussion 62 01-19-2008 06:17 PM
Hoya/Pentax a done deal and 50th Special Camera macdaddy Pentax DSLR Discussion 11 06-06-2007 06:54 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:17 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top