Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-04-2009, 03:59 PM   #1

DS doesn't work after batteries overheat

The day after NY Eve my daughter reported that the Pentax DS batteries were dead and,"Oh yeah..it got real hot." The batteries-Walgreens Ultra Photo Lithium CRV3's- were totally dead. Put in a fresh set. No signs of life. Tried alkaline AA's-nothing. I took the batteries out and am looking for suggestions. Perhaps some of you have had a similar experience? Either a short in the camera caused the batteries to overheat or vice-versa. There is no damage in the battery compartment. Contacts are clean. Is my DS done?

01-04-2009, 04:17 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Batteries only overheat when they are asked to discharge much faster than they were designed to (short circuit).
It doesn't sound good for your DS.

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
batteries, camera, ds, dslr, photography