Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-07-2009, 01:05 AM   #1

pentax k 20 d with metz 45 CT 1

can i use with pentax k 20 d with Metz 45 CT 1 flash it is compatable with x socket because this gun have high voltage any body guide me can i use with this camera
suresh pardeshi

pl email me
sureshtpardeshi@gmail.com

01-07-2009, 01:13 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
A while ago someone asked Pentax about it.
They replied that the "maximum safe trigger voltage is 30 Volts for our digital SLR cameras".
I think the CT1 has about 400V!

I am using the 45 CT 4, which works at about 40V, I think, with no problems.
01-07-2009, 02:27 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Simply measure the trigger voltage to be on the safe side. You measure the voltage between the central X-pin and the outer sliding contacts of the SCA-adapter with the flash switched on and fully loaded (ready-light is on). Just to be sure, trigger the flash manually and watch, whether the voltage changes during recycling.

The 45-ct1 hasbeen available over a long period and Metz might have introduced design changes, which influence the trigger voltage.

Ben
01-07-2009, 04:06 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Depends on serial number of the Metz. SN > 534000 should be OK. I use one on a K10D with a simple hotshoe adaptor (as I don't have a PC socket )

QuoteQuote:
Can the mecablitz 45 CT-1 also be used with the new autofocus cameras?

Regretfully, the Metz mecablitz 45 CT-1 does not yet have the connecting capabilities of the Metz SCA adapter system. Consequently, no corresponding adapter is available for combination with autofocus cameras. The Metz mecablitz 45 CT-1 can therefore only be connected to such cameras with a standard synchronising cable.

Furthermore, it is necessary to note that Metz mecablitz 45 CT-1 units featuring a model number that is smaller than 534 000 are fitted with a so-called high-voltage ignition circuit. These flash units must not be directly connected to modern cameras as this could even damage the camera!

All other flash units of the Metz mecablitz 45 CT and 45 CL series feature a low-voltage ignition circuit in keeping with the current standard.
Source: http://www.metz.de/en/photo-electronics/faq.html#c2138