Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-08-2009, 07:35 AM   #136
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Billgscott Quote
Hi Emil,

Welcome to the forum. I haven't read all the posts in this thread so fogive me if I go over old ground.

I have been shooting SLR for a long time as well, since 1973, but have really only reciently started to do things 'properly'. I define this as me going somewhere to take photos, as opposed to me going somewhere and taking photos while I am there. This involves now taking lens selections / tripods / filters etc whereas non were taken before.

I have recientley upgraded to a K20D from a K10D (still have it) as I have (in a small way) started to sell some pics and am hoping to get a cash stream generated this year from it.

As a travel camera I have my original DSLR, the *isD with a 28 - 300mm Sigma lens bought for my film SLR. This though is going to be converted to infra red this year so I will probably take the K10D on holiday as I can not find a point and shoot that I like, is fairly modern in terms of buffer spead, and that has a viewfinder as I just can not get on with looking at a screen.

My P&S requirement is usually filled by Olympus ( I am a Trip / Pen, XA man) and I currently have a C5050W that is good but very slow in operation, but their current offerings have got rid of the viewfinder and no Pentax ones have one either so I am considering the Cannon G10.

Still undecided though.

Bill
Hi Bill

It's great to see such a nice answer. Nice to hear that you use much films, and well sure we all miss the window-viewfinder on the old film cameras.
It's nice to hear that recently you have going in in a more serios manner for take photographs and Sure it will or has give back much to you

It's great you use like one camera for every need. One is the travel mate, an other is your pro friend and the last is maybe your little compact that always stays in your pocket :P

Flagship k20d sure fits your demands and it's great. Witch of all this cameras do you like most?

goodluck with the considering...it's always worth the time to think a little bit before buy. Brings more happyness.

I have my old nikon F75 that follows me everywhere (since i become inloved with dia-film and since my girlfriend do steal my compact-camera all day long)
anyway, im happy and I learn a lot from it

Regards

Emil G

01-08-2009, 08:05 AM   #137

QuoteOriginally posted by losecontrol Quote
im happy and I learn a lot from it
And that is the key. We can not all be great pro photogs, so long as we get pleasure from our hobby / passion and have pride in what we do - lets all just get on and have fun with our cameras and - hopefully - get better.

Bill
01-08-2009, 08:09 AM   #138

Since one canon pro photographer was push me away in a photofestival here in stockholm becasue he said that he deserved respect for the expensive gear he was wear.....well, I think he was give me a little bit allergy for cameragear...Im sorry, it was his foult haha
We call this 'cannikon snobery'. I was 'discouraged' from joining my local camera club as I use pentax. Two guys from the same villiage were actually refused entry as they had Fuji bridge cameras.

Bizzar!!

Bill
01-08-2009, 08:18 AM   #139
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Emil, did you ever read my first post in this thread?

Regards,
Marc

01-08-2009, 08:38 AM   #140
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Marc Langille Quote
Emil, my signature states what I believe in when it comes to photography. Navcom and others provided some very valid arguments against your initial post.

I rarely participate in gear related topics - many others can attest to this. Regardless, I learned more than a few things from fellow forum members, regardless of skill level... IMO it is unwise of you to dismiss those people in such a generalized manner...

Better/more expensive equipment will only make certain things easier for you. I stand behind my work any day of the week - you be the judge.

Regards,
Marc
If you mean this one...yes I did read it

It was just so mixed up with every other critic posts, so I maybe just didn't find
an moment to really answer you in person

Well I see your point and I think that we think pretty the same.
I do learn from this....Or better said, I will learn from this.
I still stand behind my words, becasue that is how i have formed my own
art and I could not change it for nothing on earth.

Still I could have said it in a very different way that could have proved a
lot more respect from the other forum members, and I own maybe any of
them an apologize.

Im happy in the end. In the final it seamsed that they/you got my point of view
and I was get yours...So I guess that is learning as well, witch is positive in any manner

Best regards

Emil G
01-08-2009, 08:56 AM   #141
Forum Member

This thread is huge. That's the only reason I'm joining in. I don't wanna be left out of one of "the biggest threads of all time" (tm).

That and the fact that we all need some T shirts printed: "PENTAX...LOSE CONTROL."
01-08-2009, 08:59 AM   #142
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by abraham_love Quote
This thread is huge. That's the only reason I'm joining in. I don't wanna be left out of one of "the biggest threads of all time" (tm).

That and the fact that we all need some T shirts printed: "PENTAX...LOSE CONTROL."

That or another T that says:
"F**K CAMERAS. USE PENTAX"

there have been far larger threads here.

01-08-2009, 09:06 AM   #143
Forum Member

Séamuis...that's a challenge!
01-08-2009, 09:07 AM   #144

Photos: Gallery | Albums
How do you and your SLR do?
You guys that use a little bit bigger camera, do you always take it with you(like a true classic travel mate )
or do you use maybe a smaller pentax compact that fits easier in your pocket?
I take mine with me if I possibly can. If I need to I will take just one small prime lens.

Sometimes I just take my A28/2.8. This is unobtrusive. When my main goal is to be a good Dad on vacation, and I don't want to drag my camera bag along, I can still take some pictures with which I'm very pleased. Sure, I may miss out on an infinite number of photo opportunities by not having my 50-200 in my pocket, but that still leaves an infinite number of opportunities. (I loved set theory in math).

Last edited by Michael Barker; 01-08-2009 at 09:12 AM.
01-08-2009, 09:25 AM   #145
Forum Member

That's a *great* photo of the seaside!
01-08-2009, 09:30 AM   #146
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by abraham_love Quote
Séamuis...that's a challenge!
are you for real?

who are you?

anyway... welcome to the internet (click the link below)

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/search.php?searchid=895572
01-08-2009, 09:46 AM   #147
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Gooshin Quote
are you for real?

who are you?

anyway... welcome to the internet (click the link below)

PentaxForums.com - Search Results
I'm just having a bit of fun. I *know* it's not the biggest thread of all time. I just thought it funny that losecontrol generates all this heat over the space of a couple of days. It's OK, I'll wear the t-shirt on my own. Gaaah!
01-08-2009, 10:05 AM   #148
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
group hug!

hey, watch your hands...at least buy me dinner first
01-08-2009, 10:17 AM   #149
Forum Member

Hello once again.

I see that any people are talk to me with respect even if I don't have an 20years carrier as a pro. (a little bit hard becasue I am 20years old today)
Belated birthday wishes and welcome to PentaxForums.
01-08-2009, 04:07 PM   #150
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by séamuis Quote
hell, I wonder when I did that... I don't remember it, nor did I know it was an option until now. oh well mystery solved.

Apparently, you were too busy perusing the gear threads and not out taking photos like you should.
Closed Thread