Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-08-2009, 10:44 PM   #151
Pentaxian
ryan s's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Madison, WI
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 2,370
My "home forum" has a thread 2091 pages long, 20098 replies, with 96713 views.

I've read every single post, and have made 2253 posts of my own in 8 months.

Now that's a large thread...

PS: That photographer-arrested thread is like 20 pages in a couple days...

01-08-2009, 11:15 PM   #152
Veteran Member
nostatic's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: socal
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,576
QuoteOriginally posted by ryan s Quote
My "home forum" has a thread 2091 pages long, 20098 replies, with 96713 views.

I've read every single post, and have made 2253 posts of my own in 8 months.

Now that's a large thread...

PS: That photographer-arrested thread is like 20 pages in a couple days...
feh...23K+ posts, 3.6M views (and photo related even):

MORE random pics...... - Pelican Parts Technical BBS
01-08-2009, 11:52 PM   #153
Banned




Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Savannah, U.S./Baguio City, P.H.
Posts: 5,979
QuoteOriginally posted by cardinal43 Quote
Apparently, you were too busy perusing the gear threads and not out taking photos like you should.
I apparently cannot argue that. well done.
01-08-2009, 11:58 PM   #154
Pentaxian
hinman's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Fremont, CA
Photos: Albums
Posts: 3,427
You have controversial post and I didn't bother to go through the responses.

Buy a good pentax camera and join the fun to take pictures. We complain about the lacking and the lusting for the greener pastures. I see no harm and ignore most of those complaints that are beyond comprehension.

You don't like the AF, go get yourself a MF. The AF.C is not working well, don't use it and shoot less in sport and forget about it. Flash is not working well, shoot outdoor or buy a f/1.2. You want FF, go get a Pentax Pz-1 or something even cheaper in the $10 range. What is the problems, there is no problem. We are trying to see a way to find ways to deal with the problems. And whining is one way of finding solutions, I guess.

Please go and buy yourself a Pentax k-m, Pentax k20D, the upcoming Pentax White Camera, and join us to complain about Pentax. Or let's join us to complain about C&N, instead. It is up to each individual choice in the forum. But I can tell you this -- Pentaxian have more tolerance than others as we are one of a kind.

Thanks,
Hin


Last edited by hinman; 01-09-2009 at 05:59 AM.
01-09-2009, 07:29 AM   #155
Veteran Member




Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Gnesta, Sweden
Posts: 373
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by hinman Quote
You have controversial post and I didn't bother to go through the responses.

Buy a good pentax camera and join the fun to take pictures. We complain about the lacking and the lusting for the greener pastures. I see no harm and ignore most of those complaints that are beyond comprehension.

You don't like the AF, go get yourself a MF. The AF.C is not working well, don't use it and shoot less in sport and forget about it. Flash is not working well, shoot outdoor or buy a f/1.2. You want FF, go get a Pentax Pz-1 or something even cheaper in the $10 range. What is the problems, there is no problem. We are trying to see a way to find ways to deal with the problems. And whining is one way of finding solutions, I guess.

Please go and buy yourself a Pentax k-m, Pentax k20D, the upcoming Pentax White Camera, and join us to complain about Pentax. Or let's join us to complain about C&N, instead. It is up to each individual choice in the forum. But I can tell you this -- Pentaxian have more tolerance than others as we are one of a kind.

Thanks,
Hin
Hello.

I like that way of thinking. Solucion of every problem is the key to succes.
Complaining don't help anyone to develope, but in some point it have been
culture to complain even if there are so much people in the world that have
so huge problems (witch make complaining about AF well...a little bit...you said it)
Well, i want a pentax family feeling, and you don't build up one of them just
complaining about the brand we are supporting. Go Pentax and pentaxians (or whatever it's called)

well...that is pretty much it

Greetings

Emil
01-09-2009, 10:21 AM   #156
Banned




Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Savannah, U.S./Baguio City, P.H.
Posts: 5,979
QuoteOriginally posted by losecontrol Quote
Go Pentax and pentaxians (or whatever it's called)
to be 'proper' its Pentaxians. you might also enjoy this. it was a Pentax USA ad a few years ago that was a big splash, especially the tshirts. I think it sums up your views very well (and that of most Pentaxians.)

http://www.pentaxian.com/images/PENTAX_Pentaxian.jpg
01-09-2009, 10:35 AM   #157
Inactive Account




Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Peterborough UK
Posts: 37
Welcome to the forum Emil. I have just caught up with this thread and while there are longer threads I think this must set a record for the longerst thread generated by an introductory message. You must have been taken aback by the initial response.

I note that you are a photography student and I am sure that your studies will make you a technically competent photographer and you clearly value the artistic component of photography. However unless you plan to stck to photographing landscapes and inanimate objects I think you may have to extend your studies to psychology and how it affects communication and personal relationships. Your initial post did give the impression that you were lecturing us and disapproving of our interest in the technical aspects of Pentax equipment which is after all what this forum is about. Perhaps it would have been more tactful to simply introduce yourself and then join a few discussion threads. That way you can become known to other members and learn how they interact with one another before starting your own thread setting out your views. As a photograper you will find communication and people skills very important in portrait, wedding, fashion or indeed any other branch of the profession.

Anyway welcome to the forum and I look forward to your efforts livening our debate.

Archie
01-09-2009, 10:40 AM   #158
Veteran Member
wlachan's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Canada
Photos: Albums
Posts: 2,626
QuoteOriginally posted by losecontrol Quote
Hello!
How I am new at the pentax forum I will present myself for you guys.

My name is Emil and I'm a swedish photographer-student.

In a few months i will invest in a new digital SLR, and how I am a little bit tired of the big 2 (Canon Nikon) I was looked for other options.
Pentax (comparing to the giant electronic brand Sony) is a camera-manufactor and this cameras is for people that like to take pictures.

Unfortanetly after reeding in the forum (have done it for half-year now without being member) I see the scary fact that much of you guys called yourself
pentax-photo-entusiast, are just no more than camera and lens collectors that does'nt care about the images and the art of photography.
Insteed complaining about why pentax don't have FF or a good live-view function.

Do you really think that this complaining and new camera bodies improves your photography. It will not!...
If that was really what you believed in, why would you feel "a little bit tired of the big 2 (Canon Nikon) I was looked for other options"?

01-09-2009, 10:52 AM   #159
Veteran Member
wlachan's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Canada
Photos: Albums
Posts: 2,626
QuoteOriginally posted by losecontrol Quote
But! To look people critic pentax and be uppset for why they don't invest in FF ect ect. That's waste your time.
I guess the reason is that to most, photography is just a hobby, and as a hobby, you don't just have the joy from the art of photography itself, but from the hardwares, and from any experience along the process (moaning included lol).
01-09-2009, 10:59 AM   #160
Veteran Member
farfisa's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Toronto, Canada
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,274
For me it all started with taking pictures. ...but I am a bit of a whore for those limiteds.

Happy?
01-09-2009, 11:13 AM   #161
Banned




Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Savannah, U.S./Baguio City, P.H.
Posts: 5,979
QuoteOriginally posted by farfisa Quote
For me it all started with taking pictures. ...but I am a bit of a whore for those limiteds.

Happy?

NO. and neither will you be until you purchase all of the limiteds.
01-09-2009, 02:43 PM   #162
Pentaxian




Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Flyover America
Posts: 4,475
I do wonder if the kid wasn't on to something.

Fess up - don't some of you folks, after a good waxing and polishing, take your Taks and limiteds to bed with you and fondle them obscenely in the dark of the night?
01-09-2009, 02:56 PM   #163
Banned




Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Savannah, U.S./Baguio City, P.H.
Posts: 5,979
QuoteOriginally posted by wildman Quote
I do wonder if the kid wasn't on to something.

Fess up - don't some of you folks, after a good waxing and polishing, take your Taks and limiteds to bed with you and fondle them obscenely in the dark of the night?
no. no I do not.
01-09-2009, 04:06 PM   #164
Site Supporter
Mallee Boy's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hindmarsh Isl. Sth Australia
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 3,490
QuoteOriginally posted by séamuis Quote
no. no I do not.
we've got the photographs

01-09-2009, 04:10 PM   #165
Banned




Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Savannah, U.S./Baguio City, P.H.
Posts: 5,979
QuoteOriginally posted by Mallee Boy Quote
we've got the photographs

Séamuis' camp has declined further comments on the accusation, and is regarding such claims as hearsay.
Closed Thread

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, cameras, dslr, equipment, forum, guys, pentax, people, photography, photos, pictures
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Which Zoom Lens? "Tamron AF 18-250mm", "Pentax-DA 18-250mm" or "Sigma 18-250mm" hoomanshb Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 4 07-30-2010 09:50 AM
Sports "Highside Exit" took 1st Place in DPReview "Missed It by THAT much, Part 1" Challenge MRRiley Post Your Photos! 27 02-21-2010 08:26 PM
Pentax "A" lens and "F" 1.7X converter on K10d yyyzzz Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 4 07-09-2009 05:04 AM
"Hunger for a DA*50-135?" or "The DA*50-135 as a bird lens!" or "Iron age birds?" Douglas_of_Sweden Post Your Photos! 4 08-13-2008 06:09 AM
The "Other" True Pancake Adam Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 1 08-20-2007 02:54 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:55 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top