Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-07-2009, 08:05 AM   #31
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Not only engineers, but others who are not artists...

There are PLENTY of photographers out there that do not intend to make art with their camera. They make a living using a camera for other commercial purposes and don't consider themselves artists.

Should they not be considered photographers or have their views expressed?

01-07-2009, 08:09 AM   #32
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by MrApollinax Quote
Bah.... the Bunny versions are soooooo 2007....

By the way do you happen to know the air speed velocity of an unladen sparrow? and secondly if you were to photograph a swallow holding a coconut via it's husk which Lens would you prefer to use?
What?! Coconuts are tropical! This is a temperate zone! I spit in your general direction!

01-07-2009, 08:14 AM   #33
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Emil, my signature states what I believe in when it comes to photography. Navcom and others provided some very valid arguments against your initial post.

I rarely participate in gear related topics - many others can attest to this. Regardless, I learned more than a few things from fellow forum members, regardless of skill level... IMO it is unwise of you to dismiss those people in such a generalized manner...

Better/more expensive equipment will only make certain things easier for you. I stand behind my work any day of the week - you be the judge.

Regards,
Marc
01-07-2009, 08:14 AM   #34
Banned

QuoteQuote:
We can never buy the joy we have when we take photos. But we can buy the camera that does it. But it's you who decide what's in the viewfinder

try at least to understand what I speak about, before laught at me thanks
we do understand you, what you are not getting is that we already understand and preach exactly what you are saying. do you honestly think nobody here says these things? Marc Langille among many others here are living proof and an everyday advertisement for this. and you say you have browsed this forum for over a year? yet you have never seen this point of view being addressed? hogwash.

and by the way you practically invited yourself to be laughed at.

01-07-2009, 08:15 AM   #35
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Well, im glad to hear at least that people start say that this forum is also kinda camera-service forum. Of course it's great to find help with this and I will probebly do the same when I buy the k20d.

Still almost 67 000 posts (pentax DSLR Discussion) and 78 000 posts(Pentax lenses) comparing to around 15 000 in all other categorys, shows more that people have a bigger need of camera or lenses (not quite tecnical problems) then any other things.

I just thought that people that was looking for much much gear was in the nikon and canon forum.

For me pentax was the photographing brand and maybe becasue of it i thought I could post such a post i did without being criticed for my experience and studies.

Pentax do a great job, and I think that we should thank them for it (for giving us cheap lenses and great cameras) insteed of complain about our camera-gear and other stuffs like why pentax don't have an FF. ect ect ect ect ect ect :ugh:
01-07-2009, 08:18 AM   #36
Veteran Member

You're 20 years old, and have learned/realized some interesting and profound things. The problem is that you think none of us older people have done the same. So you intend to share your wisdom with us, and the (unintended) result is that you actually insult people.

We have had many discussions and comments about exactly the things you mentioned. How did you miss them in a year of lurking? Was it because you were reading only the gear threads? If so....why were you reading only the gear threads? Because that interested you? Then how can you come here and chastise others for being interested in the same thing? The difference is that they wrote, shared information, and discussed. While you just read and felt superior. That's like a small child at dinner time telling his parents that his sister had her eyes open during the blessing. (How could he know unless his were open also?)

You analyze the site based on post numbers. How many of the posts/threads did you look at? In the lens section, thousands of the posts contain photos taken by the members. The largest one is devoted to photos from the cheapest of Pentax lenses. There is a thread devoted to quality photos from lenses ruined by fungus.

You don't know us well enough to criticize us.....yet.

Last edited by Mike Cash; 01-07-2009 at 08:24 AM.
01-07-2009, 08:20 AM   #37
Banned

QuoteQuote:
Still almost 67 000 posts (pentax DSLR Discussion) and 78 000 posts(Pentax lenses) comparing to around 15 000 in all other categorys, shows more that people have a bigger need of camera or lenses (not quite tecnical problems) then any other things.
that proves absolutely nothing. and how many of those posts are from new members asking questions? not all the posts are just us complaining about the brand or drooling over equipment.

you obviously have decent intentions but your opinion of this forum and its members is ALL WRONG. I think you are quite mature, but seemingly very unwise (and still a bit cocky and 'superior') in your youth.

01-07-2009, 08:23 AM   #38
Veteran Member

Okay... I was willing to give the benefit of the doubt here on the OP. However as the comments from him continue I feel more and more like he is trolling, purposely trying to stir the pot or purposely being obtuse.
01-07-2009, 08:26 AM   #39
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by séamuis Quote
and by the way you practically invited yourself to be laughed at.
Yeah, becasue you don't think the way i did.

I'm sorry If i was turn anyone uppset, and well. It was becasue of the same reson I posted the thread at first.

I could't stand all useless disscution about FF and other complaning.

The thing is, that if people want an fast AF they can run to Canon or wait for the k30d, but to only complain and complain about pentax, your camera-gear don't make your photos better. That is what I try to tell you
01-07-2009, 08:28 AM   #40
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by séamuis Quote
I think you are quite mature, but seemingly very unwise (and still a bit cocky and 'superior') in your youth.
The problem with each and every generation of youth since the beginning of time is that every time they find out something they think they invented it.
01-07-2009, 08:32 AM   #41
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by losecontrol Quote
...your camera-gear don't make your photos better. That is what I try to tell you
What EVERYONE is trying to tell you is that we all know this already. I have seen it said and stated so many times on this forum that there isn't any doubt in my mind that if you have lurked on this forum for as long as you state that you would have seen this to be true. For that very fact I think you are purposely being obtuse making you a border-line troll with this topic.
01-07-2009, 08:32 AM   #42
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by losecontrol Quote
Yeah, becasue you don't think the way i did.

I'm sorry If i was turn anyone uppset, and well. It was becasue of the same reson I posted the thread at first.

I could't stand all useless disscution about FF and other complaning.

The thing is, that if people want an fast AF they can run to Canon or wait for the k30d, but to only complain and complain about pentax, your camera-gear don't make your photos better. That is what I try to tell you
only someone that never shot FF would say that about FF.

i used to think the FF debate was overrated myself,
- until i picked up a film camera.

i used to think that expensive lenses were overrated
- until i amassed 22 of them and realized that some things are worth the extra $

i used to think that mega pixels didnt matter,
- until i upgraded to a K20D from a K100D and literally saw the difference

if it wasnt for the heated discussions that go on in these forums i would have never questioned my own equipment, and would have probably stayed within the lines and not bothered experimenting with different formats and lenses.

not everyone on this forum is an old fogey going through the motions, there are always new faces doing the exact type of research that i did over a year ago.

and better camera gear can make your photos look better

a fast lens and clean high iso will mean you can take pictures at night that wont look like you're photographing an earth quake.
01-07-2009, 08:34 AM   #43
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I see that the talk starts to get a little bit softer.
Im happy for it.
I signed up to this forum to speak about pentax and make some new friends. Not to make people angry.

Well...i don't invent anything new. You guys have been here longer then me, but!

I know a lot of tallented young photographers that have been starting to intressest so much for the gear that in the end, they was tired of it and they was stop take photos. You need anything more

I know a lot young people check out this forums every day and becasue of it, it is important to show them that we love photo and that's what we live for.
A quick check at the forum and you can missunderstand it.
01-07-2009, 08:41 AM   #44
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Ok!

I understand what people tell me.

But if everyone was understand what i was try to say....why did it takes 3pages to write it for me. It was more or less that i was try to say with my first post, and how everyone was very angry i thought we was think different.

The first agressive people was leave the topic and now I speak with people that at least speak to me like normal people..

I see that we all think very the same so that's nice to hear.

About film kamera. I know. I only shot with film so I know how it is to have a viewfinder big as a window FF is not a bad idea. I want it. But it will be if pentax want...not if we cry for it like 3years old kids
01-07-2009, 08:44 AM   #45
Banned

QuoteQuote:
I see that the talk starts to get a little bit softer.
Im happy for it.
I signed up to this forum to speak about pentax and make some new friends. Not to make people angry.
it would have been from the beginning if you hadn't introduced yourself by insulting a majority of this forums members.

also I though you came here to talk about photography, and that only talking about the brand is pointless? am I missing something here?

as a film user myself we would have much to talk about, but you seem dead set on ignoring what is said and only focusing on reiterating your point in a more strange way. I understand there is a language barrier here of sorts but that doesn't count for everything.
Closed Thread