Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-07-2009, 01:33 PM   #76
Veteran Member

i dont know about you guys, but i'm getting a seriously weird vibe about this guy

the longer this is dragging out the more it seems like someone is setting us up for a joke

(wanted to write set us up the bomb but i dont think many will get that )

01-07-2009, 01:34 PM   #77
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Gooshin Quote
i dont know about you guys, but i'm getting a seriously weird vibe about this guy

the longer this is dragging out the more it seems like someone is setting us up for a joke

You mean something like this:

01-07-2009, 01:35 PM   #78
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by losecontrol Quote
I am too a little bit sad to see "nationalistic" comments in the forum. Just like that it's swedens foult that i think the way i do. This only proves that any people here are not just so madures that i was expected. I am terrebly sorry for not speak as well english like any of you americans....I was just not born speaking it...accept it
I don't think most people here care about where you are from. We are all from somewhere! And most people here are probably NOT from the United States, albiet many are.

As far as English goes, when it was hard to read your first post, I just looked up at where you were from and realized right away you were not a native English speaker, so I didn't give it a second thought from that moment on. I think most folks here do the same thing. After all, it's an international forum.
01-07-2009, 01:36 PM   #79
Veteran Member

Losecontrol

why not show us your portfolio ?

We can than all sit back in awe as to your achievements in both knowledge and practice, then as you would expect we can close what is in your eyes a useless forum filled with whatever you keep choosing to think we are.

One of the worst first posts I have ever read and the rest of your posts only reflect the same attitude

I am not young and have had some of the best photographic advice and experiences learnt from within this very forum from some wonderful fellow members from all walks of life

Cheers

Neil

01-07-2009, 01:40 PM   #80
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by nulla Quote

One of the worst first posts I have ever read and the rest of your posts only reflect the same attitude

Cheers

Neil
Apparently you missed my first post......
01-07-2009, 01:44 PM   #81
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by nostatic Quote
You mean something like this:
nah, this is beyond trolling

atleast the trolls in my books have an agenda, people that are loyal to a particular forum but express a distinct point of view and will use unfriendly tactics at enforcing it

i know that i resort to trolling sometimes, but id like to think that lately i have been controlling myself.. heh..

but this guys is just weird, hes being offensive while trying to act apologetic, only neither is sincere, like a drunk uncle twice removed trying to make a toast at your wedding....
01-07-2009, 01:54 PM   #82

OK, everyone grab your biggest lens and body and start whacking each other on the head! Last camera still shooting wins!

Seriously... There's nothing wrong with liking your camera brand (or car or beverage brand, etc), there's also nothing wrong with not caring in least with that. Theres no problem in liking to discuss technical minutia of the lens or bodys. Theres is also nothing wrong with discussing endless possible philosophical meanings or values of the photographic artwork.

What is very wrong is to be snobbish to someone for the camera brand he uses, or price on the gear. Its wrong to dismiss people because they take certain types of pictures and not others. Its wrong to look down on people because they are talking about a lens or camera feature. Its wrong to laugh at someone because that person has a sensitivity for art and likes to share.
Its wrong to ignore someone because that person has different views from you.

So some people like canon, others like nikon, others like pentax and others like DIY pin-holes ...
Some people love landscape, others find it boring.
Some people love natural light, others want to tune light to their desire.
Some people buy the gear they need for a job without a thought, others scour ebay for precious jewels of glass and metal and optical engineering.

All of this gives us immense diversity of fabulous images, and also millions of random pictures we can also learn from. I gives a community where we can learn new things because other people, with other interests have tried it first.

You dont have to be like other people, you dont even have to like everyone, but everyone deserves respect insofar has that person does not impose his views and style on you.

This is a general address, not a message to the original poster.

For my part I'm going to keep on loving my camera, the geekiness of learning about it and other gear, and I'll keep on getting photos, as long as its fun and interesting.
01-07-2009, 01:59 PM   #83
Veteran Member

but this guys is just weird, hes being offensive while trying to act apologetic, only neither is sincere, like a drunk uncle twice removed trying to make a toast at your wedding....
Maybe a cousin to RH, who is offensive while trying to act objective.

Part of it is lack of facility with the language. Combine that with limited self-realization and you have a recipe for forum-tastic posts.

01-07-2009, 02:01 PM   #84
Veteran Member

Even in artsy photo forums, it is mostly about "who" took the photographs and what camera gears are used to capture these art.

You generalised the whole forum audience as one type and that is not a wise thing to do really.

Besides, there is nothing wrong to use canikon brands at all. After all, it is only about art. Right?
01-07-2009, 02:15 PM   #85
Veteran Member

I can hardly wait for Losecontrol's first post for help using his new K20D.

"Help, my K20D over/under exposes, does not work with SMC-M lenses, cannot focus on a white wall...Do I need to send my camera in to Pentax?"

I think this dude is a fake. Kind of a Wendy B. part two.

I don't think we will ever see a photo from this guy, let alone a single post that is not a inflamitory hack at the forum's members.

So he has taken nothing but film shots for the last year? Ya. Right. Can't post them because they need to be scanned? Sure. Sounds like BS to me.

There you go "Losecontrol". You are called out for being the Sh*t disturbing little punk you are. With a single crappy first post, you have placed yourself in my books lower then the lowest measurbating troll this forum has.

I know I should have ignored your little post. But somedays a punk needs to be called a punk.
01-07-2009, 02:17 PM   #86
Banned

nah, this is beyond trolling

atleast the trolls in my books have an agenda, people that are loyal to a particular forum but express a distinct point of view and will use unfriendly tactics at enforcing it

i know that i resort to trolling sometimes, but id like to think that lately i have been controlling myself.. heh..

Im sure the language barrier has something to do with it, but as he has so far completely ignored every one of my posts I wont say one way or the other. I did the best I could in showing him where he went wrong so to speak, but apparently to no avail. I don't think he is trolling, but I can honestly say I don't quite like his attitude or the the way he thinks. not a good start on the forum, and despite the fact that we are both film users, pentax users and at least relatively close in age I dont think we will be getting along or having too many discussions.
01-07-2009, 02:23 PM   #87
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums

I stand by my Ice Troll guess from earlier. (That's assuming he's actually from Sweeden)
01-07-2009, 02:33 PM   #88
Veteran Member

Wow, this is the most successful troll I've ever seen. Posted less that 24 hours ago and already 88 replies, including this one.
01-07-2009, 02:42 PM   #89
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by KungPOW Quote
I can hardly wait for Losecontrol's first post for help using his new K20D.

"Help, my K20D over/under exposes, does not work with SMC-M lenses, cannot focus on a white wall...Do I need to send my camera in to Pentax?"

I think this dude is a fake. Kind of a Wendy B. part two.

I don't think we will ever see a photo from this guy, let alone a single post that is not a inflamitory hack at the forum's members.

So he has taken nothing but film shots for the last year? Ya. Right. Can't post them because they need to be scanned? Sure. Sounds like BS to me.

There you go "Losecontrol". You are called out for being the Sh*t disturbing little punk you are. With a single crappy first post, you have placed yourself in my books lower then the lowest measurbating troll this forum has.

I know I should have ignored your little post. But somedays a punk needs to be called a punk.

I would say that was a bit harsh. if you are right so be it, but if you are wrong I will laugh at you and not take many things you say thereafter with any seriousness or respect.
01-07-2009, 02:49 PM   #90
Site Supporter

I was actually disturbed by the op post when i first saw it - to the point where i didn't want to reply (i saw it when no one had replied at the time)

But yea, as other people noted, it just seems so wrong, its like "Hi, you guys are thinking wrong and don't have any decency towards the arts - btw, what do you guys think of this?" sort of thing... Maybe like punching your mother in front of you then giving you a nice cup of tea (i like making up analogies)

I'm a 20 year old myself and i feel saddened that someone my age can come off like this

Also i find offense that he thinks everyone here is american! :P
Closed Thread