Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-07-2009, 04:47 PM   #121
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by edumad Quote
OK, everyone grab your biggest lens and body and start whacking each other on the head! Last camera still shooting wins!
I can say with confidence that my RB67+250mm would be the last man standing. Wheatfield has already shown how poorly constructed the Bronicas are with an earlier post...

For those claiming this guy is some reincarnation of a previous troll, as another Swede I can say with confidence that he's the real thing. In fact, his English is pretty much identical to how mine was when I moved to the US in 1995. While the original post (and some subsequent ones) was certainly abrasive and inflammatory, some of it IS due to some language issues, so do keep that in mind. And, he has apologized, so maybe tomorrow will be a new day for all.

(PS: also, nobody except a Swede would ever claim to be from Gnesta!)

(PPS: It's SWEDEN, not "Sweeden". For crissake.)

(PPPS: lost control, ta det lite lugnare i framtiden!)

01-07-2009, 04:49 PM   #122
Veteran Member

Swiiden?

heheheh
01-07-2009, 05:29 PM   #123
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Wheatfield Quote
Ok, here's the deal from my perspective.
I'm a "professional photographer"
In my neck of the woods, this means I am pretty much a whore with a camera if I am going to make a living.
I work on contract with a local studio.
We shoot weddings during the summer, school photos during the fall, Santa Photos for a few shopping malls during the Christmas season.
This is not easy work.
Something tells me the local "Santa" has been punched in the face a few times by the local photog.
01-07-2009, 05:38 PM   #124
Veteran Member

Sweden...great country! Reminds me of Minnesota.

It also reminds of a story about a pilot-friend of mine from some time back who was originally from Sweden. He's been a U.S. citizen from many years...after all, there are many Swedes that live in MN.

One very late evening he was flying a little Cessna directly over the Twin Cities metro area with a friend who was visiting from Sweden. Sitting up at about 5000 feet, he was in communication with Minneapolis Approach, which he is required to be while in their airspace.

Anyway, he's talking with his friend in Swedish when approach changes his heading. He responds that he is changing course and then proceeds to continue talking with his friend, not realizing his mic is stuck and he is broadcasting his conversation to every airliner and pilot in the metro area....in Swedish.

Several minutes later, he suddenly realizes something is wrong as he has not heard from approach for some time...and then figures it out. He pushes the comm button several times until it unsticks and then tells approach of the problem and apologizes. The controller says, "no problem. Just one question...what the hell was that language!"

I think him and his friend laughed for days.

01-07-2009, 07:45 PM   #125
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by losecontrol Quote
I will answer more tomorrow. But first:
To be honest, im pretty dissapointed about any guys here.
To tell me im not for real and what the fu*k what's wrong with you.
I see very clear that any of you guys hang around here in the forum
to push down people and act nasty.
I didn't speak about where i am from, it was any persons that was
kinda lost in translation and well. I just said, that I don't act like this anyway.

Emil. All is forgiven... from me anyway. And it's okay that you are a little disappointed with us, as I'm sure we are all a little disappointed with ourselves from time to time. I don't think you were to harsh, I really believe most of the problem here is just lingual. So I hope you will hang around this forum if you become a Penataxian. I understand where you are coming from and think that you can provide a more positive insight as time goes by. Hang in there.

Information for other ones. I do not kidding with you. This is not a joke.
Just my opinion that photographic skills is more important then your gear.

Emil. I have been a photographer for 31 years. I have taught at universities, lectured and consulted for Kodak, lectured before professional photographer societies and numerous camera clubs. I can only tell you that your passion for film and art in photography is admirable. But the two, art (vision) and image (technology) are interwoven today perhaps like never before. Skills are important but in the professional forum I can assure you that it does not exceed the need for technology. In fact technology has demanded the expansion of skill sets in a competative environment. Wheatfiled was dead on accurate for his needs.

I was try to turn and start all over again, but i saw that people prefered to
continue fight agains me.

Most, if not all, will let this issue pass. In time post some of your images as you scan them and I'm sure all will be satisfied. This forum has tons of really nice people. Don't be put off by your first foray here. Just be a little more mellow nexxt time.

I was positive to people that use pentax...before at least.

Good

Only because im 20years old I can not shot with film?
Much of the pentax pro in the world shot film (6x7 & 645) so I don't see
why i can't.
Have never ever heard of such stupidness....

Feel free to shoot film. Nothing wrong with that. I use Pentax 67 and 645's all the time. The medium isn't dead with professionals or advanced amateurs. In fact, I still do 4X5 and do my own processing. I sincerely look forward to seeing your work.

Can please any nice people here try to break this sandbox-fight?
I was sign up becasue I love photography and darkroom, not for be
the black sheep that people can blame all their anger on.

As you can see many have. The past is the past... the rest is up to you.

I will probebly know how k20d works. Even if I haven't been in this forum before
does'nt mean I don't know how to controll a DSLR
There are others sourse of knowledge as well you know .....

I like this forum and much of the people here....don't change that please.
Everyone does'nt have to think the same way i do. I accept that.
But the same rules for you then

This is a great forum. It won't change... ever!

Best Regards my photographing friends

OK!

Emil

PS: I look my pictures at the wall with a DIA-projector, so that's why i don't have a scaner for make my photos digitals yet. Hope this is clear now for everyone

Stephen....
01-08-2009, 12:49 AM   #126
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by SCGushue Quote
Stephen....
Fantastic quote! I think that this is the end of an from the beginning really patetic talk.
I was to leave this forum today becasue I felt that somehow it would not help me...Well thanks Stephen, becasue I did changed my mind.
When I was hang around here without being member before, i was always admire the forum members for be very active and speak much...so I will follow what the wise people have said and continue write about what i like and about photography.

Everyone: I apologize for my first post. It was not necesary and I really didn't want to upset anyone, just tried to create an intressting talk about the importance of skill and gear in photography

I have understand that much people turn here when they need help with gear, and well I accept it and I will try to help people as much as i can from my own experience

For show you what I really like I will open a new thread about photographic inspiration (that can help people share their own experience.

I will also post a thread about Pentax 6X7 that i am very intressted in buy

séamuis: I (we) haven't forgett you and at least I don't ignore you... I have read every single post from you and I accept every word you say....I do listen to you, so I hope we can find some more time for nice conversasions from now on

I wish a great day for everyone of you Pentax fans

Best regards

Emil Gustafsson

Images on the way...I also wait for 3new film-rolls to reach my house from the laboratory
01-08-2009, 01:24 AM   #127
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Fantastic quote! I think that this is the end of an from the beginning really patetic talk.
I was to leave this forum today becasue I felt that somehow it would not help me...Well thanks Stephen, becasue I did changed my mind.
When I was hang around here without being member before, i was always admire the forum members for be very active and speak much...so I will follow what the wise people have said and continue write about what i like and about photography.

Everyone: I apologize for my first post. It was not necesary and I really didn't want to upset anyone, just tried to create an intressting talk about the importance of skill and gear in photography

I have understand that much people turn here when they need help with gear, and well I accept it and I will try to help people as much as i can from my own experience

For show you what I really like I will open a new thread about photographic inspiration (that can help people share their own experience.

I will also post a thread about Pentax 6X7 that i am very intressted in buy

séamuis: I (we) haven't forgett you and at least I don't ignore you... I have read every single post from you and I accept every word you say....I do listen to you, so I hope we can find some more time for nice conversasions from now on

I wish a great day for everyone of you Pentax fans

Best regards

Emil Gustafsson

Images on the way...I also wait for 3new film-rolls to reach my house from the laboratory
Loosecontrol (BTW, who lost it in the end???), tack!

01-08-2009, 01:25 AM   #128
Veteran Member

Original Poster
The new thread of photo and inspire to happy photographing is now on.

it's called "Inspiration...to be inspired! " and are placed under general pentax photographing.

Please check it out and enjoy

Best regards my friends

Emil Gustafsson
01-08-2009, 01:27 AM   #129
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Tack själv Rense
01-08-2009, 03:14 AM   #130
Veteran Member

To be honest, im pretty dissapointed about
any guys here. To tell me im not for real and what the fu*k what's
wrong with you. I see very clear that any of you guys hang around here
in the forum to push down people and act nasty. I didn't speak about
where i am from, it was any persons that was kinda lost in translation
and well. I just said, that I don't act like this anyway.
Emil,

First of all allow me to welcome you to the forum. If you give it a
chance I think that at a minimum you will find it useful for certain
kinds of information.

It has, however, it's limitations. It is primarily a forum for the
discussion of technique and and the proper use and application of
hardware for the purposes of imaging and not for the much more
difficult and subjective issues of artistic intent and content. For
these questions you should go elsewhere. If you can be faulted for
anything it is just misunderstanding the purpose of this forum.

Having said that I essentially agree with you - technique and gear is
just a means to an end which is the final image however you may imagine
it. Good technique and gear gets out of your way and allows the
photographer to concentrate on the real task - the final image whatever
that may be.

However before any artist can do his thing he must first master his
medium and for that purpose this forum can be useful.

If, however, you want to discuss the great German photographer of the
Weimar Republic August Sander and his relationship to the Bauhaus group
and the use of photography as an abstract "light modulator" you really need to go
elsewhere.

Otherwise welcome to the group.

Wildman

Last edited by wildman; 01-08-2009 at 03:24 AM.
01-08-2009, 03:25 AM   #131
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Hello wildman and thank you for a warm welcome to the forum

I do now understand the matter of fact and I will accept it.

The new started Thread i did...shows that I want to share my experiece with
other people and learn a lot as well...

I think that rumors can be intressting as well, and well, I didn't really wanted
to throw shit at anybody. I was expected more answers like the answer post you just
gave me

I'm happy that you gave me an honest try to present myself here and well, I will accept the
regulations of this forum and stay to them.

In the end of the days we are just a bunch of people that loves the same thing: Photo
and that's why we are here

Best regards and thanks

Emil
01-08-2009, 05:15 AM   #132

Hi Emil,

Welcome to the forum. I haven't read all the posts in this thread so fogive me if I go over old ground.

I have been shooting SLR for a long time as well, since 1973, but have really only reciently started to do things 'properly'. I define this as me going somewhere to take photos, as opposed to me going somewhere and taking photos while I am there. This involves now taking lens selections / tripods / filters etc whereas non were taken before.

I have recientley upgraded to a K20D from a K10D (still have it) as I have (in a small way) started to sell some pics and am hoping to get a cash stream generated this year from it.

As a travel camera I have my original DSLR, the *isD with a 28 - 300mm Sigma lens bought for my film SLR. This though is going to be converted to infra red this year so I will probably take the K10D on holiday as I can not find a point and shoot that I like, is fairly modern in terms of buffer spead, and that has a viewfinder as I just can not get on with looking at a screen.

My P&S requirement is usually filled by Olympus ( I am a Trip / Pen, XA man) and I currently have a C5050W that is good but very slow in operation, but their current offerings have got rid of the viewfinder and no Pentax ones have one either so I am considering the Cannon G10.

Still undecided though.

Bill
01-08-2009, 05:23 AM   #133
Veteran Member

Well this has just been a lively discussion ... although hopefully my pointless post won't be flamed as much as this thread has lol.

To say something ... there are nicer ways to say we should focus on what we can do with our cameras than what pentax should be doing.
01-08-2009, 06:44 AM   #134
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Emil, just the fact that we are all Pentax users ought to tell you that our main interest isn't in having the latest whiz-bang camera.
01-08-2009, 07:27 AM   #135
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Chwisch87 Quote
Well this has just been a lively discussion ... although hopefully my pointless post won't be flamed as much as this thread has lol.

To say something ... there are nicer ways to say we should focus on what we can do with our cameras than what pentax should be doing.
Yes indeed, and well. I'm just happy if you get my point, no more needs to worry
I will not say it that way one more time, that is one thing that is clear

QuoteOriginally posted by TaoMaas Quote
Emil, just the fact that we are all Pentax users ought to tell you that our main interest isn't in having the latest whiz-bang camera.
Well, yes. That's the image i have of a pentax entusiast. Pentax and Leica users are very the same, so yeah you are very right and it was what i tried to say (even if I should have to say it in a little different way
Since one canon pro photographer was push me away in a photofestival here in stockholm becasue he said that he deserved respect for the expensive gear he was wear.....well, I think he was give me a little bit allergy for cameragear...Im sorry, it was his foult haha
Closed Thread