Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-07-2009, 07:31 AM   #16
Banned

QuoteQuote:
I said that much people waste much time complain about their equipment and this time could you use for practice your photographic skills insteed.
Do anyone belive this too?
yes because every member only spends their time here on the forums, and doesn't EVER use their equipment. they have no life outside of PentaxForums.com.

QuoteQuote:
I critic people that have 0% skills and think that only because you invest in a super-expensive camera (like Canon 1ds Mark III) they will be a soooo much better photographer. IT DOES'NT WORK THAT WAY....and well...do anyone think that, tell me.
who are you to decide how much skill someone has? and what do you base that on? your limited education? guess what I am a SCAD (look that up) photography major dropout I have a limited photography education as well. I guess that means its ok to start assuming peoples skill level based on my own limited opinion?

01-07-2009, 07:33 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Don't make me post a picture of a Hamster with a pancake on its head! I'll do it I swear!
01-07-2009, 07:34 AM   #18
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by losecontrol Quote
Hello...

I said that much people waste much time complain about their equipment and this time could you use for practice your photographic skills insteed.
Do anyone belive this too?
i work monday to friday in front of a computer, i think i photographed everything in my office worth photographing, and its not much.

i come here for some forum drama and the occasional news brake

you're going to bag on me for having a boring job and finding an outlet on an online community?

maybe you should scroll down to the bottom of the forum selector, the "share your photos" place, you can get tons of inspiration in there

sections such as "Pentax DSLR Discussion" is precisely for discussion of pentax DSLRS!! Why did you post in here if you dont feel like discussing equipment, go to the picture forum and discuss pictures there, its pretty clear if you ask me.
01-07-2009, 07:35 AM   #19
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by MrApollinax Quote
Don't make me post a picture of a Hamster with a pancake on its head! I'll do it I swear!
i prefer the bunny versions

01-07-2009, 07:35 AM   #20
Veteran Member

Hello...

Camera brands are like families. That's why I wanted to sign up to the forum before buy a Pentax-camera. Answer to you all that start to critic me for not have a pentax camera insteed of wish me welcome to this bloody family.
What you have done is like walking up to a stranger, spitting in his face, and then wonder why he doesn't give you a hug.

QuoteQuote:
I critic people that have 0% skills and think that only because you invest in a super-expensive camera (like Canon 1ds Mark III) they will be a soooo much better photographer. IT DOES'NT WORK THAT WAY....and well...do anyone think that, tell me.
What is your fixation on expensive cameras? And if you want to criticize people for buying expensive cameras, why on earth are you doing it to a bunch of Pentax users? We're more used to being sneered at for buying the cheapest brand.

1960 Meica 35 Toy Camera
Fuji Industrial Records ISO 100

There you go. There's an artsy photo for you. And taken with a $5 camera and a $1.50 roll of film. Are you happy now?
01-07-2009, 07:37 AM   #21
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Mike Cash Quote
There you go. There's an artsy photo for you. And taken with a $5 camera. Are you happy now?
thats some odd glare
01-07-2009, 07:37 AM   #22
Veteran Member

Bah.... the Bunny versions are soooooo 2007....

By the way do you happen to know the air speed velocity of an unladen sparrow? and secondly if you were to photograph a swallow holding a coconut via it's husk which Lens would you prefer to use?

01-07-2009, 07:38 AM   #23
Banned

QuoteQuote:
What is your fixation on expensive cameras? And if you want to criticize people for buying expensive cameras, why on earth are you doing it to a bunch of Pentax users? We're more used to being sneered at for buying the cheapest brand.
that's what I was thinking! shouldn't this be better suited to a canon forum?
01-07-2009, 07:41 AM   #24
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by MrApollinax Quote
Bah.... the Bunny versions are soooooo 2007....

By the way do you happen to know the air speed velocity of an unladen sparrow? and secondly if you were to photograph a swallow holding a coconut via it's husk which Lens would you prefer to use?
i would use the FA50 lens, set my camera to 12 second delay and use a crossbow to launch it into the swallow, make sure to install a toy-parachute to secure its landing.
01-07-2009, 07:45 AM   #25
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Gooshin Quote
thats some odd glare
It is an odd camera.
01-07-2009, 07:57 AM   #26
Veteran Member

I wanted to see how people think about photography and I was suprised to se how people was mind so much about the gear.
Emil,

The reason you are getting flamed is because you flamed first.

That aside, you have signed on to the PENTAX forum, not the ART OF PHOTOGRAPHY forum. This forum is ABOUT Pentax equipment for the most part. People come to this forum with questions about Pentax equipment . The focus of this forum is not the art of photography.

Of course art and composition are discussed here, but it's incidental and not the sole purpose of this forum.

And if you see a lot of folks complaining, it's because this is their outlet to talk about the positives AND negatives of the Pentax brand. Besides, if you have a question about a problem with a Pentax product or the direction of the Pentax brand, don't you think the place to get it addressed would be the PENTAX FORUM? So doesn't it make sense to see these complaints here???

Now if this were the ART OF PHOTOGRAPHY forum and people were complaining about camera problems, you would have a point.

Make sense?
01-07-2009, 07:57 AM   #27
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Hello once again.

I see that any people are talk to me with respect even if I don't have an 20years carrier as a pro. (a little bit hard becasue I am 20years old today)
Im happy to see that (Gooshin for example)

I see that any others have an booring wednesday at work, and was very happy that a new young photographer was join the club.

Thanks for the old photo. This really shows that you don't have a clue what i really was speaking about.

I know that pentax is a very cheap brand, that offers great value for money, and well that a k20d with 14.6mp need some expensive lenses on it to make good images.

But what I speak again (once again) is that much people think that better camera-gear will make them so much better photographers, and well. I speak to this people and i really try to get them understand that skills is important.
I know that there are several persons that dream about get pro and I know that there are much pro's here and I also know that they are there becasue they know better then us others how to take good images.

The thing that bother me is that, pentax do cameras for entusiasts and it have always been a brand for the people that love to take photos. Much people these days think that the gear are dramatic difference.

I had a friend that was sell his Pentax k20d with great star-lenses to buy a Nikon D300 insteed becasue he said that D300 was more proffesionall. The problem is that this guy had only been photographing for like 3 months, so I don't really know how he could know what is proffesionall or not, when he didn't even know how to use a SLR camera.

We can never buy the joy we have when we take photos. But we can buy the camera that does it. But it's you who decide what's in the viewfinder

try at least to understand what I speak about, before laught at me thanks

/Regards/ Emil Gustafsson
01-07-2009, 08:00 AM   #28
Veteran Member

Original Poster
That was a serios answer and it maked sense. Thanks for that
Still you may have get my point comparing to Mike Cash.

//Emil
01-07-2009, 08:00 AM   #29
Veteran Member

But what I speak again (once again) is that much people think that better camera-gear will make them so much better photographers, and well. I speak to this people and i really try to get them understand that skills is important..........

The thing that bother me is that, pentax do cameras for entusiasts and it have always been a brand for the people that love to take photos. Much people these days think that the gear are dramatic difference.
See my post just above your last one.....
01-07-2009, 08:01 AM   #30
Veteran Member

There are so many discussion arreas in here, but your impression of forum makes me think that you yourself have read nothing more but the gear sub-forums, or even more only rumors topics.

As for the gear itself. I've noticed that some people in here are engineers. Others just trying to figure out some problem, they were unfortunate to meet. Without such technically inclined people there wouldn't be no gear at all. Such people interest in how things work, how light interacts with matter, need to explore understand and improve is what made cameras possible at all.
It is not right to offend people for which the art might be in exploring the camera itself as engineering marvel, find out how it works, trying to find solutions to problems, which could be faced by others.

Last edited by ytterbium; 01-07-2009 at 09:52 AM.
Closed Thread